Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

Nope.

Gang of 8 is 4 Dems and 4 Republicans. The highest ranking members of the Senate and House and the highest ranking members of both intelligence committees.

Lindsey isn’t in the club.

1 Like

At that time, the “Gang of Eight” included Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Richard Burr (R-NC), then-House Speaker Paul Ryan, then-House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes (R-CA), and their Democratic counterparts — Chuck Schumer (NY), Mark Warner (VA), Nancy Pelosi (CA), and Adam Schiff (CA), respectively.

Nunes refused to raise an objection in the room, but seemingly had no problem running to the white house to help Trump obstruct.

2 Likes

Your first sentence belies the reality of the situation. It wasn’t “trumped up matters” (hate that phrase). There was most definitely sufficient reason to investigate. His bromance with Putin and Michael Flynn were two solid reasons.

And I started reading Andrew McCabe’s book last night (bought it on Kindle). So far, an excellent book and a deep look into the workings of the FBI.

But you’re playing judge here saying the investigation was “unreasonable.” No it wasn’t, and they wouldn’t know that at the early stages of investigation anyway. That it continued is proof it wasn’t.

That’s not what happened except in the world of fake media.

That’d be strange since there’s one in the Oval Office.

No, she lost. She killed tens of thousands and laughed about it. Did you want to see the tape again?

You’re bending this every which way but loose. Stick with the real media for real information.

She didn’t kill anyone except in the imagination of the fake news media.

The real information is anyone who thinks that’s what the 25th A was about should not have this much power gov as they are poorly educated.

Yes, I’ve seen plenty of evidence of that. Anyone who doesn’t see it at this point simply doesn’t want to, or is motivated to deny it.

I think I got what you meant there, but the 25th was posted earlier in this thread. That’s all you need to know.

McCabe says Rosenstein was behind seeking this 25th amendment remedy and Rosenstein and the DOJ say McCabe is lying.
Don’t you think it is a good idea to find out whether the current assistant AG or the former head of the FBI is the bigger liar?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

“Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.”

Stop applying it to people you just disagree with.

2 Likes

As a loyal Trump supporter, you should be cautious about tossing around terms like “poorly educated”.

His words, not mine.

You can’t point to one scintilla of evidence… The list of fake " we got him now" stories is immense by now. Remember when you all thought he sent Cohen to lie to congress, or Flynn contacted the Russians before the election… Almost all fake news and almost every lefty believed it.

Just like most they got Smolleted with another hate crime hoax this week…

Yes. Given the conflicting accounts, I’d call it a reasonable line of inquiry. We should have confidence that the public statements DOJ officials are truthful.

That said, this is a nothing burder. Regardless of what was said by who, no crime was committed.

SDNY prosecutors laid out the factual case that Individual-1 (Trump) directed Cohen to make payments that constituted felony campaign finance violations.

That’s a flotilla all by itself.

2 Likes

And where’s the Russians?

And whoosh… there go the goalposts.