An Open Letter to Greta Thunberg

Because it’s a global problem, hence (Global Warming) non western warming. And it doesn’t matter how many solar panels are going up or Prius’s we drive as long as China and others in the world are firing up 300 coal plants a year it does squat.

I guess it can make those people feel a little better though and pat themselves on the back maybe even rock a new hashtag #ILoveGreen. But don’t think you are solving ■■■■ unless you start where the biggest threat of global warming - Communist China who alone puts out more carbon than the U.S. and the EU combined this can’t be ignored and simultaneously gripe about climate change.

It does matter. We don’t have to make unnecessarily large contributions to the problem.

I guess it can make those people feel a little better though and pat themselves on the back maybe even rock a new hashtag #ILoveGreen. But don’t think you are solving ■■■■ unless you start where the biggest threat of global warming - Communist China who alone puts out more carbon than the U.S. and the EU combined this can’t be ignored and simultaneously gripe about climate change.

Nobody is under illusion that climate change is being solved yet, so you don’t have to worry about that. However, reducing the damage now gives us more time to to solve the problem later.

China, today might not give a ■■■■ about the environment, but China in 2050 might have developed to a standard of living where certain levels of environmental damage become unacceptable to their consumer population–just like most western countries have.

The enlightened west–with our relatively convenient and economic green contributions to the solutions of climate change–should do what we reasonably can to give the developing world time to reach the same conclusions we have.

Greta is irrelevant except to those who want to make an icon out of her. They are free to do so but they shouldn’t expect the rest of us to go along with their little play act.

4 Likes

She sure as hell taken advantage of fruits of those she despise.

2 Likes

That’s right we can ignore the main emitters of carbon of the world and the 300 new coal plants that China is building among the Third World, ignore the insane rise in dirty energy growth and carbon emissions from India while patting ourselves on the back #ILoveThePlanetLookAtMyPrius, while adding a carbon tax that does nothing.

We can high five each other as Greta really gives a good lecture and wags her finger at Germany and France, two countries doing some of the best work to fight AGW at the UN. Or we could do something about climate change instead of platitudes.

I don’t need to guess what China might do in 2050 we know what they’re going to do way before that because they are telling the world what they’re gonna do it’s called “Made In China 2025”. In a nutshell they’re going to try to completely take over the tech industry specifically the semiconductor chips sector and they are going to dramatically increase emissions while we plug-in the new made in China 2025 led lightbulb.

When I asked people on the left through the years what should be done the answer was almost always we want conservatives to believe in AGW. Well I actually do, but with the flippant attitude on the left ignoring the biggest emitters and the only solution is to punish the west makes me start to care less as anyone can pull the statistics up of and see who is creating the biggest emissions, who is cutting their emissions, and where the major threat is in the future is and that is not in the west. It’s like watching a doctor work on a compound fractured leg by putting some salve on it.

Because in the end China, India, Indonesia, Russia and soon to be 100’s of third world countries are increasing their emissions and could give a flying toss in the wind about their emissions and are not going to sign up for a green new deal to destroy their economy, but they will gladly laugh their ass off while we do as they’re perfectly focused going forward on what they’re doing. Climate change in the west is starting to sound more like a new religion focused more on how one can virtue signaling and feel better about themselves than actually try to address the problem.

1 Like

And her contribution has been what? To spend her time flying across the world meeting with movie stars and glitterati while lecturing everyone else with her nose in the air?

Sorry, but she does not have any authority to preach to me or anyone else. She hasn’t even completed school, not been in school for how long now? She doesn’t have the life experiences or ability to know much of the world beyond what someone else regurgitated to her.

Why do you feel like this is punishment for the west? It’s what the western consumer wants, buys, and votes for.

Because in the end China, India, Indonesia, Russia and soon to be 100’s of third world countries are increasing their emissions and could give a flying toss in the wind about their emissions and are not going to sign up for a green new deal to destroy their economy, but they will gladly laugh their ass off while we do as they’re perfectly focused going forward on what they’re doing. Climate change in the west is starting to sound more like a new religion focused more on how one can virtue signaling and feel better about themselves than actually try to address the problem.
[/quote]

What about green deals that don’t destroy the economy? Would shifting more subsidies to renewables destroy the economy?

Here is how it breaks down now:

The economy won’t be destroyed if these numbers are gradually changed to favor renewables when and where it is reasonable.

I hope you realize that she is the victim here. She has been indulged and pampered instead of being parented, and has also had her mind so poisoned by her parents and probably others with the approval of her parents, to the point that she lives in mortal fear. Then after brainwashing her, they thrust her into the limelight to stump for their agenda. Her parents should be horse whipped for the abuse they have heaped upon their child.

2 Likes

Yet it’s the one you choose to focus on. Go figure.

When trying to weathering your house, you don’t caulk around the windows before replacing the missing glass.

By the way, the west has been taking responsibility for its emissions for decades. It’s well past time for the biggest polluters in the east to do their part.

1 Like

The fact is, the west could stop using fossil fuels entirely and not make significant a dent in global emissions.

1 Like

The developing world still worries about access to basics necessities. Except for acute global emergencies, such a rainforest burning, climate activism in the developing world should simply wait for the enlightenment that comes with a well-fed first-world population.

Nearly every first-world population became concerned with the environment when they reached a certain standard of living. There is no reason to believe the biggest aggregate (not per capita) polluters will not reach the same conclusion when the needs of their population are met.

What we can do now is advance our own renewable technologies and infrastructure to export to the developing world when they are ready for it.

China and India do not need our charity to clean up their act.

Not charity, good business.

There will come a time when those countries grow tired of being globalization’s dumping ground for pollution. They will demand cleaner solutions in every industry just like us westerners do.

The more we can meet that demand, the richer we will be. “Green” is a homegrown American manufacturing industry that should be fertilized as much as possible.

You’re right. We shouldn’t point out when someone makes a point that it is silly. You never do that, I presume? :roll_eyes:

China and India are part of the global economy, it’s time they took responsibility and began acting like it.

2 Likes

You got me there … After all, that’s what I did in response to your post.

i know what you are saying but it’s hard to consider her a victim when she sits in congress and tries to excoriate US citizens like the arrogant bartender evita she is

1 Like

I am talking about Greta … and I think if you look back at the post I responded to, so were you. I clipped the remark you made about AOC.

Its a slam on Baby Boomers.