An Open Letter to Greta Thunberg

Nah … she isn’t that smart.

2 Likes

she’s not allowed to be criticized?

2 Likes

she’s a hero to the insane left because she perfectly embodies the left: perpetual petulant ignorant adolescence

just look at AOC. quintessential teenager in an adult’s body

3 Likes

Where did I say that?

Was the yacht manufactured for her trip or had it already been manufactured?

Yet we constantly see posts like yours caterwauling about the footprint to build a boat. Or the carbon cost to fly in an airplane.

It’s a silly point.

For a guy who is a moral philosopher, I found his retort to be intellectually lazy, strawman laden and mean spirited.

It wasn’t an open letter meant to respond to Greta personally, but an obvious cheerleading of the section of people in the world who reject, for whatever reason, the scientific assessment of climate change.

3 Likes

If you drive a car when you could walk or cycle, you probably shouldn’t preach that there’s a climate crisis? Don’t you agree? But if you need to take your car to get from A to B to C to D, and there’s no viable significantly more efficient means to do so, you could be excused. Don’t you agree?

i didnt say you did

i asked the question

No. I don’t agree. Time, weather, health and a whole host of factors are involved which you don’t care about in your desire to demonize.

A professor talking down to a teenager who speaks arrogantly to adults.

What a contribution to climate science!

That letter was spot on. Now I hope Greta can read?

Weren’t those aspects covered in my post? I think they were.

Ok. So you agree the vast, vast majority of climate advocates are not hypocrites.

Cool.

HOW DARE YOU!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

hypocrisy

noun

Save Word

To save this word, you’ll need to log in.

hy·​poc·​ri·​sy | \ hi-ˈpä-krə-sē also hī- \

plural hypocrisies

Definition of hypocrisy

1 : a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not : behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feelHis hypocrisy was finally revealed with the publication of his private letters.especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion

M-W

1 Like

Obviously the truth it would be me nice (as they would say) to admit that this is the region their climate crusade needs to start instead of the constant lecture to the west. The west is at least trying these other countries are firing up 100’s of new coal plants a year while flying two middle fingers at them.

Why should climate activists start with the largest aggregate polluters?

There is nothing wrong with westerners taking responsibility for their per capita emissions/waste first.

Seems like evironmental activists have been effective so far in moving western policy. Why should they not continue? Has the west done enough? If so, by what measure?