An eery silence all of the sudden

Obama’s kissing up to Canada, he might need a country to escape to when all these investigations end.:rofl:

I didn’t go ape shot when Obama did it. I just expect everyone to do it as every nation wants to push their own interests.

I don’t see the point or logic in the idea that we can do it to other countries, but somehow we expect that they won’t attempt to do the same here.

Should we embrace foreign influence or try and combat it?

Do you think other countries embrace our attempted influence or try and combat it?

Resist it on both questions.

The issue is like I said in my first post. Consistency. It’s hard to claim outrage over something we do to others.

This isn’t some new Trump thing. It’s decades of election meddling. Either us doing it to others or them doing it to us.

You can argue that it’s hypocritical, but it isn’t inconsistent to be pro-America. If you don’t care if America interferes with other people’s elections, but you do care if other countries interfere in ours, you are pro-America in both instances.

What you’re basically doing is arguing that me not scoring points for the other team is an inconsistency.

But is it meddling?

That was a little shady, I remember it well. There was an investigation and it eventually blew over.

The problems arise when American citizens secretly get involved with other countries to meddle in our elections. A very important distinction.

Would that be like hiring foreign intelligence agents through an intermediary to fabricate dirt on your opponent?

3 Likes

Could be.

if Obama had an influence on the voting patterns that would be considered interference. As Trudeau won we can assume there was influence. The difference is that Russia Supplied information to the DNC and Hillary that served as a basis of a dossier, The information was used by Obama and Clinton to destroy Donald Trump.

So they are similar in that Obama was behind both efforts and they are different in that it worked in Canada.