An eery silence all of the sudden

Can you please summarize specifically how you think Russia interfered in the 2016 election and how Obama issuing a public endorsement is similar?

It (D)epends.

Why is wearing ā€œblackfaceā€ - in this day and age - automatically ā€œracist?ā€

Weā€™re supposed to see beyond race these days.

If you want to ā€˜brownā€™ up or ā€˜yellowā€™ up to play your favorite character out of a book, why not?

If a white woman likes the look of corn rows, itā€™s cultural appreciation rather than cultural appropriation. Same with a white woman wearing a Chinese or Japanese-style dress. (God forbid I use the word ā€˜oriental.ā€™

If someone were to dress up as a Ku Kllux Klan member to go to a costume party these days, that would be the unforgivable sin.

1 Like

Who do you think legitimately decides what is in the best interests of the US? The duly elected president? A bunch of unelected bureaucrats? Or a few Representatives elected to represent only certain states or districts?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

Same, different, or worse than what Putin and the Russians did?

America has had an interventional foreign policy forever, but us interfering in other peopleā€™s election isnā€™t illegal in America. Foreign governments interfering with our elections is illegal.

If Kenya had a team of hackers that helped get Obama illegal, we would have never heard the end of it.

1 Like

Read the article, not at all comparable. The
Israelis did not use money as US intended.

Completely ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  different. Read the article.

Also yes itā€™s better because itā€™s us. I thought you guys were patriots and stuff.

Is it illegal in Russia to meddle in our election? If itā€™s not, then by the standards presented in your post then itā€™s fine. Because it wasnā€™t illegal where they were.

Honestly I donā€™t know If itā€™s illegal in Russia or not.

As an American, Iā€™m more concerned about America than Russia. If Russia wants to interfere in non-American elections, then itā€™s not my problem. However, as an American, I donā€™t want foreign countries interfering in American elections.

This isnā€™t complicated, other than the fact that republicans are willing to defend any behavior as long as it comes from Trump.

1 Like

Iā€™m not. I didnā€™t vote for him, and donā€™t plan on changing that next election.

I am interested in consistency. Which is something your position lacks.

My position is consistent. People elect American officials to primarily take care of American interests.

Thereā€™s no reason why I as an American would want our elections manipulated by foreign powers.

Yes

Bad logic.

So?

Not true. Heā€™s consistently arguing for the best interests of America.

Tangible hasnā€™t even invoked American Exceptionalism, but I will in support of his point.

Do you not believe in American Exceptionalism, steel-wolf? As a republican are you truly ready to rebuke Lincoln? Reagan?

This part isnā€™t true.

It could create a problem, but to the extent it doesnā€™t have a negative impact on world peace, it isnā€™t inherently my concern.

It has regularly for your entire life time.

What about human rights?
The economy?
The environment?
Earth orbit and outer space?

Iā€™m not taking up for Russia, but it simply isnā€™t our job to police the world or to take a deep interest in every single world event.

Some level of self interest is completely rational for anyone who isnā€™t suicidal or looking for martyrdom. Now of course, our common morality dictates that we shouldnā€™t unnecessarily cause harm to others, that we shouldnā€™t be cruel and that we should show a level of compassion for our fellow man. That doesnā€™t mean that itā€™s rational to put the interest of others that are not my offspring at same level.

Iā€™m not championing for America to unnecessarily harm other countriesā€¦but to the extent that our foreign policy protects American lives and well-being, itā€™s perfectly rational for me to be more concerned with that.

Not every single world event. Just the ones that affect our interests including my list above.

I donā€™t believe youā€™re championing that.

Itā€™s late and Im bored and just arguing for arguingā€™s sake. Goodnight!

How are you with America interfering in other countriesā€™ elections?

1 Like

Loyalists went ape ā– ā– ā– ā–  over Obama and Israel. Why is this different? Loyalists seem very content on allowing foreign countries interfere in our democratic process of electing people.