American workers worse off in the first 18 months under Trump

Shapiro looked at the best set of data to measure what’s happening to wages for American workers, which is real wage growth at the median.

If you think average is a better metric then explain your reasoning. If you think nominal wage growth is a better metric then explain your reasoning. Demonstrate that you actually do this for a living, and keep in mind that you’re arguing with people who do in fact actually do this for a living.

1 Like

Shapiro looked at the best set of data to fit his partisan narrative. Just because you happen to believe that workers are worse off, based on his biased interpretation of a single piece of data, doesn’t make it so.

Care to take a stab at the questions I asked?

If you think average is a better metric then explain your reasoning. If you think nominal wage growth is a better metric then explain your reasoning. Demonstrate that you actually do this for a living, and keep in mind that you’re arguing with people who do in fact actually do this for a living.

Shapiro focuses on that single metric and manipulates it to fit his narrative. I’ve already provided other metrics that when combined paint a rosy picture for the average American worker.

I see no value in discussing Shapiro’s narrowly focused conclusions.

you see no value in discussing the metric that is most relevant to the discussion,

That reveals a lot about you. Of course you do nothing but troll every thread for hours anyway, so I don’t know why I would have expected more.

1 Like

Actually the discussion centers on whether or not American workers are worse off. The OP presented an opinion piece using a single metric to claim workers are worse off. Why would I discuss that single metric when I believe everything needs to be looked at in total rather than that single metric?

If you would like to continue to discuss Shapiro’s single metric, then by all means knock yourself out. You will do it without me.

propose a better metric and explain exactly why it’s better than real wage growth. I’ll be at work. I can’t wait to see you demonstrate your ability to post thoughtfully and with detailed research.

I already did. Feel free to go back and review my earlier responses.

Reading your posts, reminds me of this.

Keep swinging! You’ll eventually hit something!

1 Like

Par for the course amongst LIBs. Anyone who dares disagree must be mentally deficient.

Same old crap I’ve heard more times than I care to count.

Increased. They have jobs again.

You think you’re smarter than people?

And they have more money in their pocket as a result of the tax reductions. Those who choose not to carry health insurance also have more money, because they no longer have to pay a penalty.

Have you ever considered, you just might be mentally deficient in the way you interpret facts?
That your bias is so strong, you see things in an alternative manner…like alternate facts?

1 Like

As I’ve stated repeatedly in the past, I analyze data for a living and I’m highly compensated for my analysis.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo………………………………

I highly doubt I’m the one who might be deficient in this area. :wink:

You may be able to analyze data that you are not emotionally attached to.
But when it comes to politics, and the ability to determine facts, vs alternate facts, you have proven over and over again, you are not competent.

Which also makes it hard for me to believe you are a highly compensated data analyst.

What has been demonstrated over and over again is that DEMs honestly believe they alone have the facts. Anyone who disagrees with their position must be mentally deficient.

But that’s ok. I’ve been put through this same wringer repeatedly over the last 20 years.

And for the record I’m not a data analyst. I have many talents, data analysis being one of them. And I am highly compensated for those many talents.

I don’t believe you’re very talented with data analysis, certainly haven’t demonstrated any such thing here.

One things for sure, facts are not really a “thing” for Trump and his supporters. As you’ve demonstrated, there is little value in facts. Perception matters far more.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but anyone who truly understand data analysis would beg to disagree with you.

And once again, what you refer to as facts, I refer to as LW talking points. They aren’t one and the same. :+1:

Facts are facts. Democrats do not own them, nobody owns them. They simply are.

Do you have the best brain too? Trump may disagree.

I truly understand data analysis and I didn’t realize that you were nominated to speak for all of us. Certainly you have no factual basis to say such a thing.

Referring to them as talking points is an intellectual short cut used to dismiss information you don’t want to consider.

Which is exactly why I doubt you have much talent in data analysis.