American students are being kicked out of their school to house migrants!

Perhaps one of you lefties can answer to thus?

1 Like

It’s actually pretty easy. You’re a state government. You have a group of people that you’re responsible for. There is a weather event that could threaten the safety of those people. You have to move them to a location that is safe. A decision is made (based on established rules/regulations) about where to put them during the weather event. The group of people are moved.

I don’t know what to tell you - if this happened in our town, and it was my kids school, i wouldn’t care for a day or 2. I think it’s the right thing to do, to bring people in out of a dangerous storm, no matter who they are. Longer than that would be an issue for me.

Your hatred for all things lib makes that unbelievable to you. shrug.

I also think the opposite is true.

If your town had a tent city on the public lawn filled with immigrants, and a life threatening storm was rolling in, and they needed to be moved indoors, if the school was the best choice, I don’t think you would bat an eye. I think you would recognize the human need and make the sacrifice.

i think most posters here would.

1 Like

This is a message board, dude. We comment on things that aren’t directly affecting us all the time.

Would be pretty boring place if you could only comment on things that directly affect you.

I would rather have European socialized medicine and made to pay off everyone’s school debt so Biden can get more votes than what he’s doing right now turning America into some third world UN refugee camp through open borders.

You guys would literally win every election if you would stop with the endless refugee flood ■■■■ and learn how to take care of your taxpayer base instead. It’s why you lost 2016 to a moron and about to lose 2024 to a convicted moron.

They have learned this lesson in Western Europe and turned course they haven’t learned it here. Maybe after 2024 :thinking: doubt it

What’s essentially happening is how Biden Administration is applying asylum law. Here are the first key aspects of it:

i. A state’s right to offer asylum is well known in international law. It follows from the principle that each sovereign state is considered to have exclusive control over its territory and, consequently, over persons present in its territory. One of the implications of this widely accepted rule is that each sovereign state has the right to grant or deny asylum to individuals within its borders. In international law, therefore, the right of asylum has traditionally been seen as the right of a state, rather than the right of an individual.

ii. A second aspect of asylum law is an individual’s right to seek asylum. This is an individual right which an asylum seeker has in relation to his state of origin.? In essence, an individual has the right to leave his or her country of residence in pursuit of asylum. This right is based on the principle that “a State may not claim to ‘own’ its nationals or residents.” Several international and regional instruments enshrine the right. Article 13(2) of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights[5] states that, ‘everyone shall have the right to leave any country, including his own.’

The first key aspect of this is that NOTHING in asylum law trumps a nations sovereign rights. No country can dictate to any other country HOW they are to conduct the way they apply asylum. Many countries are looking at ways to shut down their borders. There’s examples here:

Notice that when countries do such things you don’t see other countries threatening to go to war with them if they don’t like it! No nation is in any position to force another nation to conduct asylum. In practicality so-called “asylum laws” are really just international agreements between nations with little to no enforcement “teeth” behind them. Nonetheless countries do have a genuine sense of obligation to these laws.

Essentially what the Biden Administration is doing is to ignore the first aspect of this (our national sovereignty) and simply apply the second aspect (the right of an individual to seek asylum). They don’t care how many people are showing up or how many countries they are coming from, how many other countries they are bypassing to show up at the US border or the legitimacy of them really fitting the narrow legal definition of asylum:

Asylum is a protection grantable to foreign nationals already in the United States or arriving at the border who meet the international law definition of a “refugee.” The United Nations 1951 Convention and 1967 Protocol define a refugee as a person who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her home country, and cannot obtain protection in that country, due to past persecution or a well-founded fear of being persecuted in the future “on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.”

We know what’s going on in all these countries and why these people are coming, as the saying goes “it’s not rocket science”:

Democrats in conress, right now, are pushing for more money for border security and processing, and are open to rewrite immigration laws.

the republicans aren’t interested.

It’s his own strawman that contains the hypocrisy. He does that all over the board. Doing it in this thread is nothing new.

Sorry, but your posts are verbal diarrhea.

1 Like

It’s not gonna pass and you know it because it’s gonna include stupid stuff like free work permits to all legals.

First thing Biden did in office was remove remain in Mexico, which was actually helping and Biden took away. The last guy was trying to build a wall. In 2016 they voted for a guy going to build a wall, around the U.S. out of desperation call him a moron but he saw the frustration and jumped on it.

I can’t take Biden serious on anything including border related he’s had three years and all he’s done was deny and remove remain in Mexico. From 2016-2020 all the left did was block Trump on the border on every step of the way that doesn’t sound like trying to fix a problem.

Biden polls 25% on immigration, which why you’re all likely gonna lose and it’s gonna be immigration again. People want a secure border. The majority of people realize this flood is just getting started it’s never going to end and unless the federal government ends it.

I am so sick of it I would take socialized medicine, made to help pay off everybody’s student loans and let them perform abortions in my driveway for a secure border and I’m not alone in that thought your all losing millions of voters because of this ■■■■■

LOL.

I hate nothing. I just don’t understand leftist thought patterns and the inconsistency that they promote.

Have posted examples of this above.

So I gotcha.

Put you down for foreign criminals over American school children.

Check.

1 Like

Well your fellow woke lefties disagree with you.

Yes it us.

Leftists prioritize foreign criminals over American schoolchildren.

Easy as that.

:star: Quality Post :star:

Back in the real world, a group of people got moved because of adverse weather. I’m glad that happened. It’s unfortunate that school was disrupted, but I’m happy it’s back to normal.

That is the real world. You are supporting the choice that was made to cater to foreign criminals at the expense of American schoolchildren.

See. As long as it is other people who are affected

1 Like

I’m supporting a choice that helped people staff safe during a weather event. I’m able to separate their safety and the reason they are here.

Like I said. Foreign criminals over American schoolchildren

Shrug.

Don’t know her, can’t vote for her.

I don’t disagree with the need to address the border. But bringing people in from a dangerous storm until immigration is fixed seems like the right thing to do to me.