America First - As A Guiding Principle

Uh huh, nobody look at all the jobs China snagged from the US using this logic.

1 Like

It is a global atmosphere. You can’t claim that Western fossil fuel use in the past is destroying the atmosphere as a whole and them claim the a Western nation reduction of 5 (just picking a number for argument), more than offset by an increase in output to 7 in another part of the world, causing a positive change. And when it comes to China their industries are engaged in a military buildup. They are expanding their national power grid, primarily through inexpensive and reliable coal fired generation, They just love our efforts to lower demand for coal. That makes it cheaper for them. And they also love the idea that we are weakening the capacity and dependability of our grid, while weakening our economy at the same time. Wars are won or lost by logistics. It takes energy and a strong economy to sustain logistics operations.

2 Likes

I guess we should just ignore that not doing environmentally damaging industry here resulted in that industry moving to countries with far fewer environmental controls, resulting in a net increase, not decrease, in global pollution.

1 Like

Amen.

Logistics win or lose wars. The Germans ultimately lost the Second World War because their logistics were underserved at the beginning and by the middle of the war were complete trash.

1 Like

Who is suggesting we ignore anything?

Someone asked me why we should do something even if others don’t and I answered the question.

And make no mistake China will target US based infrastructure and industrial sites with long range, GPS guided, conventional munitions in any conflict. They will want both the destruction of our ability to sustain operations and the psychological effect on our population that deep attack on US soil would create.

1 Like

“First” is an ordinal number. But there are other numbers. Like 2nd, third, 2345th, etc.

Being first doesn’t mean that 2nd, 3rd, etc don’t exist.

Maybe this will help .

It’d be their only option. They still don’t have the capabilities for a land fight over here.

This debate and these policies are not being implemented in a geopolitical vacuum. And not every other government’s motives are as noble as your’s.

Lets see…
Target power plants, refineries and storage capacity with deep fires first, while engaged in tactical combat to neutralize the Pacific fleet and air forces. The next strategic target is power idled industrial centers. The crippling of the power grid and fuel production and stores will lead to wide spread food and clean water shortages and a general breakdown of civil society. If executed as a winter campaign the chaos will be even more extreme. Trucks, trains and planes don’t move without fuel. Food storage, heat and communications don’t work without power. It takes a lot longer to rebuild a destroyed refinery or power plant than to bring one idled by bad weather back on line. Without these things you can’t maintain your true strategic center, the will of your population to resist, thus you can not maintain a war effort.

2 Likes

Absolutely, and then we’d be back to the old ways. :wink:

They would take the Marshals, Guam, Wake and Hawaii from us, under threat of nuclear exchange. By the time we rebuilt it would be a whole new order to things.

I’d be fine with it either way. We don’t even try to be world leaders anymore. The most important part for me is the likes of China would never be able to occupy this land.

You don’t want dissent into a dystopian society. If it lasts long enough the nuclear deterrent would either be abandoned or fall into an unmaintained and unusable state. The loss of life, especially in a winter campaign would be measured in the 10s of millions and the society that arose would be a dog eat dog nightmare.

1 Like

1 Like

You mean allies like Canada that Biden cast aside by closing the Keystone pipeline and he is, or was, about to do again by possibly closing the Enbridge pipeline? Or France who Biden cast aside and reneged on a a submarine sale contract that he turned around and gave to Australia instead without even notifying France.

Who knows anymore who are allies actually are because Biden’s policies sure as heck help countries like China, Russia, Middle East and OPEC over the United States and our long time traditional allies.

2 Likes

Are you planning to pay to have the diet mountain dew removed from my chrome screen? :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll send a private over as soon as he’s done collecting his exhaust samples. lol

1 Like

So because others are short sighted, we should be too?

Short sighted, no, foolishly naive of other]s intentions and motives, yes. There won’t be a climate change movement in a China led world.

2 Likes