America First - As A Guiding Principle

It’s amazing how the left is perfectly fine with every non-white majority country being nationalist. I’ve yet to see the left implore China, Mexico, Uganda to be more inclusive and embrace diversity.

2 Likes

By making every Muslim country hate us?

Oh no they hate us for preventing them from committing genocide, guess we have to live with that.

2 Likes

Some Muslim countries who want to wipe Israel off the face of the planet as their goal.

That indeed would be genocide.

Allan

They hate us anyway.

I don’t know if you are being facetious but that isn’t the only reason. They hate Israel because of what they’ve done with the Palestinians and hate us because we are their enforcer.
Imagine this: native Americans, with the help of the UN, lay claim to and decide they are just going to take your home and land, and put you and your family in a tent city. I don’t know about you, but I’d be pretty pissed off.

This is one of my beefs with some on the left. Don’t expect the US to do what you don’t demand from other countries. Why should the US be put at a competitive disadvantage vs other countries (China, India) when it comes to climate change.

2 Likes

Because we want our kids to know what snow is?

1 Like

It’s almost as if the rest of the world, with help from the left, wants to take down the only country with a Constitution such as ours.

If we escape the worst of climate change it will be because of technological advancement, not politicians.

3 Likes

What does that have to do with making sure the rest of the world does their part?

What a ridiculous analogy.

Other’s negligence doesn’t relieve us of our obligation to future generations.

And it is hystrionic appeals to emotion like this that deceive the young Gretas of the world.

1 Like

Okay.

We have no obligation to China’s future generations.

What about their kids?

The second world should shoulder the burden alongside the first world. Climate change is a global problem no?

Lowering our emissions helps our future generations. Not as much as if the whole world did it. But it still improve things for them.

I agree.

But the question posed to me was, why should we do something if no one else it.

We are already doing a ton.

The 1st world has cut its emissions to a fraction of what they were in the early 1970s.

Time for the second world to step up and do their part along side us.

And let’s be fair here. If not for environmentalist nut jobs being anti nuclear power and lobbying the executive and legislative branches post three mile island, we would probably be a carbon neutral nation by now at least in regards to electricity generation. Nuclear power was the answer and we squandered it.

2 Likes