Alright Now Things Are Really Getting Silly

Oh yeah, I forgot that part. Silly me.

Haha hilarious

That was my point. The original symbol is from India and still used by Hinduists until this day.

Should artists and their promoters, as was the case here, have to research until they’re blue in the face to see what groups a particular symbol, or slogan, or whatever might offend before they promote that artist?

After all, various governments are free to turn down whomever they want from work visas in their countries. And human beings are all free to choose not to view that artist’s work.

It doesn’t. Look up the difference between the Nazi swastika and the original Hindu one, which is still used in the modern day.

How much research would it have taken to surmise that maybe it’s better to forego wearing swastikas, no matter their historical origin or what direction they spin, in Germany?

She shouldn’t sell it in Germany… where it has negative connotations.

Most everywhere, No one else outside of WW2 enthusiasts would really know what the black sun is anyway.

Basically, when one accidentally offends, it is polite to understand what the offense is and make an effort to not do it again… or it used to be considered polite before the days of ■■■■■■■■■■■■

Lol you’re so predictable, especially when you don’t check the source material first, ya goof.

1 Like

It’s tough to believe some of this ■■■■ I swear.

Per the article in USA Today, her promoters viewed it not as a swastika, but a symbol of pre Colombian art, and the lady is Colombian.

Now back to question: should every artist have to research every little thing to see who they might offend as it’s apparently too much to ask for the offended to not go, or for governments to inform the artist their imagery doesn’t conform to the country’s standards–as Beyonce’s manner of dress doesn’t conform to Muslim majority Malaysia’s standards & she was informed–thus turning them down for permission to perform in those countries?

access to the entirety of human knowledge a click away and we get this…

To answer your question … yes, it’s called Due Dilligence.

Do you think it would a foreign band for example AC/DC didn’t know they shouldn’t come an do a tour in the USA wearing pointy white hats with holes in them?

1 Like

I concur with this post.

One thing is for certain. Some idiot on YouTube will use this to prove that she is part of the Illuminati mind control agenda.

1 Like

And that’s just your own stupid silly opinion.

Would you be so kind as to point out where in the article there says there was any kind of furor over this?

It even seems like the title of the article is exaggerated. When and where was she ever “under fire” for this?

We don’t “want” to, we already do.

So when did the revolution happen?

If they have to get blue in the face to discover that wearing a symbol that looks remarkably like a swastika is going to upset a lot of Germans then they’re doing something wrong.

It looks remarkably like the black Sun symbol Heinrich Himmler had fitted into the floor of the SS castle at Wewelsburg.It is also used by modern day neo nazis.

I can see why the Germans would be uncomfortable with it.

I’m still gonna play Love Rocks Shakira. :sunglasses: