Almost half off all Americans are obese

But they won’t outrun them. :wink:

1 Like

Definitely Dad-bod going on over here, and I aim to keep it that way. lol

You’ve got a point. I’ve seen people who could live for a couple of years without any more food.

1 Like

That’s actually the real answer. Ditto out-hunt them, and out-build them, and out-climb them, and out-farm them, and out-swim them, and out-just-about-anything-else them.

The reply you responded to was meant to be facetious.

1 Like

What will happen is under single payer system is they will ban tobacco all together because it driving up medical cost for everyone. Same with soda and other unhealthy foods that libs deem unfit.

1 Like

I am the destroyer of worlds. :sunglasses:

Once they have control of your health, they have control of your nutrition.

I saw a great comment on the recent WBC Heavyweight match: “Glad the guy with the dad-bod won…”

2 Likes

Precisely…

1 Like

Fighters like Roy Nelson or Butter Bean are better than any champion when they win. Few victories are more satisfying for the average man to witness than the fat guy showing the meat head what’s for dinner.

You can still buy soda and cigarettes in countries with single payer.

Key word…still.

Canada started its program in the 50’s. Any minute now!

1 Like

I believe it especially among those under the age of 20.
I know for me I got the heaviest I have ever been in 2018(245 lbs). Remind you, I’m a former D1 scholarship track athlete, so being that much I was looking like a former thrower instead of former 400/800m guy. LOL!

Once I stopped training at a high level, I let myself go. Eating a lot of junk and not moving. A health issue(border line High blood pressure, and sleep apnea) forced me to make some changes. I became pescatarian even though my diet is closer to vegan than anything else. Changed the way I eat and started running/training again. As of Monday, I’m 187 lbs with my target weight being 170. Even though most of the change was health related, some of it is me trying to run track again on the masters level when I turn 40.

We have to learn to eat better. Process food and sugar is killing us, in fact it’s a matter of national security in regards to recruiting potential future soldiers for our armed forces. I think back to how folks talked bad about Michelle Obama in regards to her campaign against obesity and eating healthy, I think a lot of us should have listened instead of being stuck in our political feelings.

1 Like

Like a fine Kobe steak!

Or an extra fatty tuna. lol

Are there any countries that you can name that have done that?

Australia’s was in 1984. We have restricted cigarette companies to only plain packaging but Australia has not banned cigarettes.

I was told several times recently on this forum that it was a bad public health programme.

The problem with designations of “obesity” is that many standards use BMI as the measure. It’s a one-size-fits-all measurement that has no accommodation for the athletic body.

As an extreme example, practically any NFL or college D1 tight end would rate as obese by BMI standards. (6’4", 250 lbs, for example.)

If money is going to be on the line (such as insurance rates), then a person’s body fat percentage should be included in the equation.

2 Likes