All of you libs who suddenly became deficit hawks. You were wrong

It’s called partisanship. It cuts equally on both sides and is a disease worse than COVID 19.

1 Like

Here’s a start for new spending:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-clean-energy-plan-would-spend-dollar2-trillion-over-four-years/ar-BB16J6Ue

November 4th, 2020. Your mouth to the Good Lord’s ear.

Have you noticed how Trump never learns. Multiple times he has said something stupid and has sent the markets down. Then he blames the Fed for not cutting interest rates.

I guess I should vote for Donald Trump and the Republicans who cut taxes regardless of its impact on exploding the deficit. They’re the ‘real’ fiscal conservatives.

SMH

From the article you posted:

Trump has frequently advocated for massive infrastructure legislation but has failed to send any kind of outline to the U.S. Congress.

Remember when Pelosi and Schumer came out of the WH and said that they had a really good meeting with the president about infrastructure? How long ago was that? About the only issue that both sides on the hill would agree to and nothing has happened. I think that Trump would be in a much better position if he had moved on a plan.

Yup. … And?

The point of the thread is that Biden’s tax increases won’t go toward deficit reduction. Just more spending.

Whataboutism doesn’t change that.

Even if there is no plan by the Biden Administration to reduce the deficit with any tax increases, the fact of the matter is…reducing the deficit would require tax increases.

So the “liberal deficit hawks” aren’t wrong just because Biden might not have any inclination to actually reduce the deficit.

They are right in that tax cuts will never reduce the deficit because they don’t pay for themselves. They never have despite repeated attempts to pretend they have.

So if you cut taxes, by definition and functionally you WILL increase the deficit.

If you raise taxes, you can do either one…either reduce or increase it, depending on a variety of factors.

we need Speaker Gingrich and Chairman Kasich again

Ya know, it’s odd… you claim to care about deficits regardless of party :roll_eyes:

Yet, Biden is not POTUS, but you go on, adamant he will do something that seems to displease you bigly. The irony is that the current guy in office that you voted for and continue to support IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU CLAIM TO BE BOTHERED ABOUT, but you left him out entirely and made the thread about a guy that isn’t even in office?

Makes total sense… total sense. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The 1990s was the last time that the Republican Party was conservative.

Jesus… that’s not an opinion. Those are undeniable facts.

Tell us Nostradamus, how do you make an assertion of fact of something that is yet to happen?

1 Like

I wonder how well this thread is aging.

I dare say most libs are in the 50 percent of the country that pay little or no federal taxes.

Take more from the actual taxpayers to redistribute to themselves in the form of “freebies”.

Better to vote for dems who raise taxes and then outspend the increased tax revenue?

Nobody has reduced the national debt. That clock has continued to spiral out of control. I’m not gonna argue about different levels of suck. Which is why I no longer vote based on debt. It’s off my radar.