All of you libs who suddenly became deficit hawks. You were wrong

To all of you “deficit hawks” who only think that the national debt is a big problem when republicans are in office. Who also love to claim that we really need a democrat to raise taxes to deal with the debt. And Biden is just the man for the job. Right? Wrong, wrong and wrong. Biden is going to increase taxes. That’s for sure. But will he use the funds to pay down the debt? Not a chance. His plan is to increase taxes and use it the money to expand government. Take it to the bank. So you get the double whammy. Higher taxes and ever increasing national debt. You’re being played.

2 Likes

Remind me again who is the current President, what party he belongs to and how he is handling the national debt & deficit?

Then you can lecture others about being “played”

1 Like

First things first. Reply to my post. Tell me where I’m wrong. Then I will happily reply to you. Fair enough?

Who knows, Biden isn’t President.

But libs love higher taxes!

Gotta rob from the rich and give to the poor.

Just so long as it isn’t them paying them.

Everyone is Robbin Hood until they have some skin in the game, right :wink:

1 Like

You think he’s lying? He doesn’t actually plan to do this?

I thought you were going to answer my questions now.

3 Likes

Republicans were inexplicably a party of deficit hawks from January 20, 2009 to January 20, 2017. Why they only acted so between those two dates, I fear we may never know :clown_face:

6 Likes

We could end up spending like six, seven trillion in less than a year. Horrifying to think about. Thank goodness that isn’t happening now.

1 Like

So… @altair1013, will you answer my questions?

I have noticed that the tones of many of these threads is that Biden is going to win.
And every thread about what Biden is going to do as president is moot at this point.
We are in the middle of the first wave of this horrible deal. And we really don’t know where we will be as a nation in January.
However I expect that pretty soon we will get the vote for Biden will mean $17.29 per gallon of gas.
It was funny then and will be funny now.

4 Likes

didn’t Trump post trillion + deficit every year he was in office?

1 Like

Well I have never heard a Democrat say that we are going to spend $1.5T and it will increase the GDP to 4.5% and pay for itself. And that was for a tax cut for individuals that will send their taxes through the roof in 2024. And now the OP wants to make the case about Biden and tax increases? Trump has had the most stupid tax plan in our history and it seems that none of his supporters are even aware of what he has done.

2 Likes

I have answered this same question many times and have even composed threads dedicated to it. Both parties totally suck regarding the national debt. And have for over 50 years. I prefer not to bicker about who sucks the most. They both suck.

BUT

My statement remains true. People who thought that Biden would reduce the national debt by raising taxes are 100 percent wrong. He will use it to grow government. Democratic “deficit hawks” are wrong.

There are more government employees now then when trump took office …

1 Like

I assume you don’t like the tax increases Trump imposed, right?

Did you read this? What’s your point?

I have answered this same question many times and have even composed threads dedicated to it. Both parties totally suck regarding the national debt. And have for over 50 years. I prefer not to bicker about who sucks the most. They both suck.

What I said remains true. Nobody has been able to deny it.

Why do you ask? Does it make my point somehow untrue? What problem do you have with my actual statement. It’s true you know.

It makes your point pointless.
Trump raised taxes, increased Federal spending and increased the deficit.
All this was before the pandemic.

Thanks for your opinion. Do you mind if I disagree?