Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez might have been mistaken on we only have 12 years

Great post. I agree 100 percent.

The tipping point has already been reached. There’s probably no going back, so coastal cities in the US and around the world had better start doing something now, rather than sticking their heads in the water-inundated sand for another 30 years.

For the last five years, Sweet and a team of forecasters at NOAA have been tracking the number of so-called high-tide flood days in coastal cities, in order to help local officials understand trends and plan ahead. Their latest report, released today, finds that the number of high-tide flood days is rising significantly in more than 40 coastal communities.

and

In Annapolis, Md., where high-tide flooding is quickly becoming a chronic problem, the city plans to upgrade storm drains, raise roads and install pumps to keep low-lying areas dry. A study published earlier this year estimated high-tide flooding in one part of the city in 2017 cost businesses about $100,000 in lost revenue.

Address the problem how?

You’re taking them seriously. Take them literally.

What is the difference between taking someone seriously and taking someone literally?

What does the word “literally” mean to you?

Time to start diverting money to coastal cities so they can shore up their coastlines, install better and more efficient flood control, and start encouraging people to move to higher ground.

Let those who don’t believe in man-made warming continue to think so. Whether the warming is “natural” or man-made, warming is happening.

Are we going to do anything about it now, or wait until millions of people flood over our borders (pun intended) because their own living areas are under water?

Biggest hoax in history.

Yep. That is the crazy thing.

It has gotten to everybody agreeing that there is warming going on.

We are still going to have to pay for the infrastructure and technology to deal with it.

It isn’t going to be cheap no matter how one slices it and the sooner we start the better.

Strange that the article implies all the raise in sea level is attributed to man. Wonder what the REAL break down is. You know natural warming rise compared to so called man caused rise.

I agree. But first we must convince people (mainly conservatives) that there is a problem before figuring out specific solutions. ( speaking for this forum)

i’d love to show something like this to AOC and see what her response would be

https://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/exclusive-study-finds-temperature-adjustments-account-for-nearly-all-of-the-warming-in-climate-data/

“ Study Finds Temperature Adjustments Account For ‘Nearly All Of The Warming’ In Climate Data”

I don’t have any idea. Do you think you are the first to think about this? Would it be reasonable to assume climatologists have considered this? Perhaps instead of asking a bunch of non-experts here on the Internet you should take your queries to the local state university?

So a bunch of non-experts just naturally assume that it’s apples to apples comparison. How dare I question the comparison right?

Was that from a peer reviewed journal?

Didn’t click n read did ya?

The peer-reviewed study tried to validate surface temperature datasets managed by NASA, NOAA and the UK’s Met Office, all of which make adjustments to raw thermometer readings. Skeptics of man-made global warming have criticized the adjustments.

1 Like

Hmm, I can’t comment on the science as there is not enough info. But don’t you skeptics always say follow the money. I looked up one of the authors (Idso) cited in you link:

Beyond his normal job…An unauthorized release of documents indicate Idso received $11,600 per month in 2012 from the Heartland Institute.

That’s more than most climatologists make. By conservative reasoning, that makes Idso suspect, right?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Which journal was it published in?

So to be peer reviewed it has to be published?

1 Like