Alec Baldwin faces jail time if convicted

I just barely explained this to my wife:

If I hand her a gun, if I tell her it’s not loaded, and she points it at someone and shoots, she is 100% responsible even though I told her it wasn’t loaded.

Anytime a firearm has left your sight, when it re-enters your hand, you open it and look. Always. No exceptions.

5 Likes

I think you’ll win. He’s guilty of hypocrisy, and karma probably isn’t on the jury.

1 Like

er…really?

Are actors supposed to check every prop they are handed?

I don’t know…

Also, don’t point it at people.

Unless you intend to shoot them.

Yes. Absolutely.

a friend wants to show me his new gun…. He pulls if from his holster, opens the chamber and unloads it and then hands it to me. Guess what the first thing is that happens when it hits my hands?

The chamber is checked even though I just watched the gun be unloaded.

3 Likes

Are you an actor on a set?

The rules of handling a firearm. You can break any one rule and no one will ever get hurt. Mr Baldwin broke 2 rules.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter. That’s the way the law works.

Really? I mean, maybe…but that seems ■■■■■■■ What do actors know about the props they use?

Apparently enough to preach to me about how I shouldn’t be allowed to have one.

3 Likes

The moment that gun goes off, you’re in a world of legal ■■■■ , period.

1 Like

If they can’t be bothered to learn AND follow the absolute basics of firearm safety, then they shouldn’t be given access to functional firearms.

Any individual is fully responsible for what a firearm in their hand damages.

2 Likes

That seems kind of nuts to me. Should they also know about time machines and nuclear weapons on light sabers?

Which of those things you named really exists and is lethal?

I really don’t know why a movie set actually needs any form of functional firearm on it. At one point in time a functional firearm and blanks was the only way to make it look real. That’s not the case anymore and hasn’t been for a while.

2 Likes

They do it to make it look so realistic, someone could actually DIE! :rofl:

I’ll believe it when I see it. I envision a heavy fine, community service and probation but not jail time.

2 Likes

Prop guns have been aimed at actors for decades. Where is it a rule on a movie set that you can not point a prop gun at someone? Is this a new rule?

Correct. And that wouldn’t have been a problem except he broke another rule as well.

Don’t get me wrong…. There can be more than one responsible party. Baldwin wasn’t the only one that messed up and I still wonder if someone didn’t do it intentionally, in fact I’m pretty sure it was intentional.

Also for clarity I wouldn’t refer to it as a “prop gun”.

It was a real gun, not a prop.

1 Like

I read a few articles today trying to catch up on the deal. And there were a lot of folks looking at this. And the one thing I find odd is that every account that I read says that they have not been able to identify how the live ammo got onto the set. I think that very strange.