Alec Baldwin faces jail time if convicted

Didn’t the film industry already address these safety issues when Brandon Lee was shot and killed on set 30 years ago?

This adds an extra layer of negligence.

2 Likes

It’s beyond dumb, it’s criminally negligent if you shoot someone…even if accidentally. You ALWAYS check the gun to see if it’s loaded! It’s rule number ONE when handling a gun and there are NO excuses.

1 Like

You can’t just point a fully functional firearm at someone and pull the trigger, then expect no responsibility for when it functions precisely as designed.

Well, us peasants can’t, anyway… :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a common sense rule, for sure, I agree. I just wasn’t aware that it was also written into the criminal code.

1 Like

It’s the code for anyone and everyone who chooses to pick up a gun. If anyone isn’t aware, that ignorance is why they shouldn’t handle the gun and why this young lady was shot.

Back then in 1993 to add insult to injury I don’t believe anyone was criminally charged for Lee being killed on set.

1 Like

Possibly weaseling out of it because of a lack of industry standards with regard to firearms safety. That excuse doesn’t seem to fly now.

I’m of the opinion that he will almost certainly be convicted, but he will not be subject to anything approaching the average punishment for that exact same crime.

I hope the Alec handlers can knock some good sense into him to make an abrupt about-face. After all, justice will prevail here one way or another. Baldwin still has an opportunity to salvage his legacy. But only if he falls on his sword and avoids a trial altogether. After all, a long trial, no matter what the verdict, will most certainly make public sentiment against Baldwin grow. Most people have empathy for this very popular man despite already believing he is guilty of carelessness.

1 Like

I am not clear on the law at play here. Are the state laws the same on a movie set? Certainly the gal who was in charge of the arms and loading is culpable for allowing live ammunition on the set.
Certainly Baldwin is culpable for pointing and firing a weapon at a person’s body. But what is the law regarding doing that on a movie set?
I certainly trust that the local DA would not bring false charges. But IMO the responsible parties for allowing live ammunition on a movie set should receive the blame.

Pretty sure movie sets don’t have separate manslaughter loopholes

I believe Baldwin’s situation has added legal complexities being he is also the executive producer here as well?

And gotta believe the arbiter’s will get hers.

Regardless time for Alec to man up and own it.

Don’t you agree?

It is not that movie sets have a “loophole,” but as with anything else, the question is what “caution and circumspection” is due, in the context of a movie set.

They kind of do, lol.

I.e. paying someone to have sex is a crime - unless it’s on a movie set.

1 Like

That only matters in a civil context, not criminal.

Maybe Biden will pardon him in advance?

[quote=“TheDoctorIsIn, post:34, topic:243994, full:true”]

That only matters in a civil context, not criminal.
[/quote

Baldwin will get a fair trial for sure. But in the end analysis little to no respect and admiration will be given him in the court of public opinion should he wiggle out of at least some personal criminal accountability.

LOL you’re sick…So am I for laughing.

1 Like

From what I can find, Baldwin is a producer on the film, not an executive producer.
And what do you think he should do in order to “man up and own it”?
Seems to me that since he has been charged his Lawyer(s) would advise him to remain silent on this issue.

I would assume he means admit his guilt and cop a plea like the other guy did.

Why not Alec humble himself and admit tomorrow he too could of have done more to save a life. Then announce he will become an advocate for film safety measures including putting in some of his own funds to establish a foundation in the name of the person of the lady accidentally shot that awards scholarships to people who want to pursue career’s in the movie industry.