Alec Baldwin faces jail time if convicted

Breaking news: Multiple news outlets are now reporting Actor and Never Trump activist Alec Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins from October 2021.

I predict he is not only convicted but serves at least 6 months in the Big House.

How about others chiming in with how they think this all plays out too.

I want to see the arrest happen. Is CNN staged at the ready along side S.W.A.T.?

2 Likes

Frankly I am pleasantly surprised Baldwin was not able to wiggle out of being charged with such serious charges.

5 Likes

He’s obviously guilty so I assume he’ll be convicted and spend a short time in a comfy cell. Maybe the same place Martha Stewart was locked up?

2 Likes

Same here.

At least in New Mexico assuming Baldwin is ultimately convicted of a felony his voting rights are not likely restored upon mere completion of prison time (must also get off parole and probation status).

More significantly New Mexico prohibits people convicted of felonies to wait 10 full years subsequent to prison time, parole and probation from possessing a firearm.

1 Like

I am pleasantly surprised of this. I thought given his status this all get swept under the rug. Any one of us done that would get the book thrown at us. I did read that if convicted with the use of firearm it gives a mandatory minimum of 5 years? Also i read the handler who gave the firearm to baldwin is facing charges as well.

1 Like

Are you kidding me? NOTHING will happen to his lib rear end…NOTHING. Anyone wanna bet?

3 Likes

I’ll take that bet. Liberals go to jail sometimes too, especially when they accidentally shoot someone on film with a dozen witnesses. He won’t be there long and he won’t suffer, but he’ll be convicted.

I want the film released. I want to see him laughing and joking as he pulls the trigger.

3 Likes

Will be devastating for the defense when the jury sees it.

2 Likes

And then people can know why their outrage is righteous when he gets the minimum sentence allowable.

4 Likes

This could be even worse for his career than the Will Smith slap. :joy:

1 Like

Alrighty then. So that it doesn’t get too complicated, the bet is for a pizza delivered to your place of choice…and thanks. This makes it more fun. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass: :+1:

1 Like

Damn, if I had known there was gonna be pizza… lol

1 Like

New Mexico is also simultaneously charging the armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed along with Alec Baldwin on two counts of involuntary manslaughter. Interesting enough, the film’s assistant director, Dave Hall, already agreed to a plea deal on lesser charges. So we might have someone in DH at the trial already agreeing to sing like a canary making it extra difficult for especially AB to beat the rap…

2 Likes

Sounds good. :+1:

1 Like

Maybe I’m not familiar with all the facts of the case but what is his culpability here ? He had no reason to suspect that the gun was loaded with live rounds.

I guess either way it’s dumb to point a gun at people and shoot, so I kinda get it.

Extreme negligence with a fully functional firearm got someone killed.

5 Likes

The NYT reported today that prosecutors believed Baldwin had a duty to ensure the revolver was safe to handle.

Also mentioned in same article:

1)Everybody’s equal under the law including A-list actors like Baldwin; and

2)Want the film industry to address safety so things like this don’t happen again.

1 Like