Alaska government meeting opens with a prayer ending in hail satan

of course people got upset and some protested.
to bad.if you’re going to allow one type of prayer you have to allow them all.

personally i think opening prayers should be gotten rid of. government should not pray to some invisible sky fairy or take an oath with a hand on a book of fairy tales.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/449660-hail-satan-opening-prayer-at-alaska-government-meeting-prompts-walkouts

This is the type of ■■■■ you have to deal with if you want open religion in public spaces, you need to allow idiots free access.

Let all those who want to pray to Satan…do so. Let all those who choose to walk out in protest…do so. Freedom is what “we” are all about people. It’s time to stop yelling at the sky and grow up.

Satan gets a bad rap. After all, his job is to punish sinners. Doesn’t that make him one of the good guys?

If you’re going to allow religious observance in city meetings, don’t be surprised if other “religions” show up to troll you.

City meetings should be for city business and nothing more. You’re there to meet and make decisions.

I’ve never understood why people(normally Christians in this country) feel the need to shove their religion in everyone’s face.

2 Likes

If you spend a lot of time thinking about something, you are going to talk about it with others.

I have know several evangelical atheists in my life.

That’s what I’ve always said. Per the Judeo-Christian worldview, Satan is providing a vital service. If he didn’t do it, someone else would have to.

Exactly!

No you don’t.

all or none. the government doesnt get to play favorites with religion

2 Likes

How do you figure you can pick and choose?

No. And it isn’t playing favorites.

Vote. Simple majority.

That is true. However, with our government, you do.

Septembers prayer will be given by a minister of the church of the flying spaghetti monster

pasta be praised and let us say r’amen

2 Likes

lets do the same thing with elected officlals like the president…

No, you don’t.

Amend the Constitution.

Look, the first amendment allows for the free exercise of religion. If you allow one religion in city hall you have to allow others. You don’t get to pick and choose.