Alaska government meeting opens with a prayer ending in hail satan

No you don’t.

How about eliminating them all?

Like I said, I would only allow government business to be discussed in city hall. That’s why the building is there.

the same consitution that says teh government cant favor one religion over another???

Can we vote to completely ban a religion completely?

You are playing it both ways here with this thread and the other one about the cross.
Either government needs to be neutral or it doesn’t.
Pick one and stick with it.

For younger folks around here, this is why the effort to pass a Prayer in School Amendment, strongly supported by Ronald Reagan failed to get the necessary votes in the Senate during his Presidency.

When debate started, the amendment had the support of more than sixty Senators… it was close to passing. But in the debate it became clear that there were two factions in favor of school prayer.

One faction wanted school prayer with violating the Establishment Clause of the Constitution and thus would have seen the leadership of prayer be shared among different religious groups in the school: one day have an Evangelical prayer to Jesus, next day have a Muslim prayer to Allah and so on.

The second faction rejected such pluralism outright. I think sneaky represents this group. Since the majority of Americans belong to one of the Protestant denominations or the Roman Catholic church, prayer should be an expression of the majority religion and all children should worship Jesus.

No compromise was found between these factions and so there was no version of the amendment that could have gotten a majority. Forget about passing it.

And so the School Prayer Amendment died in the Senate… but we’re still talking about the same issues.

It appears that even some of us who remember history are condemned to repeat it.

4 Likes

It doesn’t say that.

Sure.

Am I? Strange. Check your premise. You have enough to worry about with your own posts.

Ah…nailed you…dont attempt to turn this on me because you hold two conflicting positions on an issue.

That’s your problem.

Did you? Strange.

What are my two conflicting positions in your mind?

Already stated it…looks like you got poned

Where?

I’m not holding your hand.
Good luck!

at least there was no dancing in goat leggings…

You just poned yourself.

Technically not needed.
.^^^^

Allowing only the faith of bureaucrats to be expressed?!?

If that happens, then God/Allah/Satan/GSM help us all.

You can’t eliminate religion anymore than you can force belief.

To abolish the electoral college? Oh do tell.