Alabama started reopening may 11.montgomery just ran out of ICU beds

Are you claiming they wouldn’t have ICU units to serve their population? I’m not sure what your point is. They seem large enough to have more than one hospital.

You ever been there?

And likely has more than 5th, 6th and 7th.

Probably. I would say highly likely. Are the top 3 out of ICU beds?

You ever been there?

So, Austin in the fourth largest metro area in Texas. If they ran out of ICU beds, it would be no big deal. There are still three larger metro areas. Is that the logic?

Is anyone arguing that AL is out of ICU beds?

I believe Covid May overwhelm some areas, at least temporarily. We have already seen that happen here and there but, luckily, very rarely.

It would be a problem that has to be resolved. Whining to the media does nothing to resolve it.

Then what are you arguing?

A mayor discussing a critical ICU bed shortage is whining. Got it. Better to just pretend like it’s not there and let the locals find out when they’re informed of the need to transfer. Wouldn’t want locals to be aware of the situation or even (gasp) make preparations.

In the media, yes. It does nothing to solve the problem.

Make preparations (gasp) what, really not get sick?

Does the public decide when they need an ICU bed? Did he ask them to vote for a bond to build more?

Solve the problem and quit spreading panic.

The media will eventually find out. And the story will be “If the mayor knew about the bed shortage why didn’t he say anything? And if he didn’t know then just how incompetent is this administration?”

Yeah, not really seeing a decline:

https://www.google.com/search?q=georgia+covid+19+count&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS849US849&oq=geor&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0j69i60l3.9427j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=georgia+covid+19+count&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS849US849&oq=geor&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0j69i60l3.9427j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

I didn’t say hide it.

All we can do is hope.

1 Like

What would be fun to know. How many of the ICU beds in that city are COVID positive . . . how many are for other reasons.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that you’d get the information out to the public in a way that somehow bypasses the media?

Put as many straws as you want in the milkshake, the milkshake stays the same size.

Sure. Or wait until somebody asks.

But it’s the media who’ll be most likely to ask.

So they should ban automobile travel, and anything else that results in ICU beds being taken up? SInce many want to ban being about to go outside and do things.

3 Likes