Alabama started reopening may 11.montgomery just ran out of ICU beds

Other states reporting an uptick in hospitalizations

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1263899059837898754?s=19

Is it though?

If you’re mayor of your town, and your hospital calls you and says “Hey boss, we’re just about out of ICU beds”, you’re not going to say anything?

Just because the news isn’t telling you you’re going to wake up beautiful and rich tomorrow doesn’t mean its fear mongering, eh?

How can Trumpists acknowledge that as we open up, we are expecting an uptick in cases, but then scream fake news at any reporting on that happening?

To the media? No.

The people can’t handle it? Censor for their own good?

Absolutely not. Whining to the media does nothing to solve the problem.

That’s cool you’re able to determine what public health information should be shared with the public, based on seemingly nothing but, what? Gut feeling? Patriotism? Public perception?

I m telling you gang the Coronavirus is about to become the new climate change…

You know how lefties use climate change as the reason for everything…rain/drought/heat/cold/sun/clouds it’s all climate change…

All health issues are about to become Coronavirus. People wont just die of it, they’ll die with it. It’ll be a contributing factor in strokes and heart attacks and aneurisms…if a hospital is full it’ll be the virus…if it’s empty it’ll be because people are afraid of the virus.

Global Coronavirus climate change is coming…if it’s not already here.

3 Likes

Just how many small rural hospitals do you think have ICU beds?
If you get influenza in rural community you are transferred to a large hospital. If you have an accident with life threatening injuries you are transferred to a large hospital.
It might be expensive but it is in no way dangerous to be transported in a helicopter to a larger hospital. Happens all the time in my community. The medical personal on those helicopters have all the equipment and knowledge they need to get you 90 miles or 300 miles to which ever hospital your being transferred to.

2 Likes

The article is very vague and doesn’t delve into any details. I’m sure there are similarites to NY and this is the direct result of those, staying at home or not in the work force? We don’t know though…it’s CNN and they want to hide the truth and only fan the flames of orange man baaa, baaa, baaad for their sheople. Thanks for posting this sheople food. It’s rare now I get to see what the sheople are eating. I just get to hear the regurgibleeting. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Agreed on small towns. But we were discussing Montgomery AL which is a population of 200k. That isn’t a small town anymore.

1 Like

Here are GA & FL:

Here’s CO:

https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-data

1 Like

Not at all. Why do you feel whining to the media is the only way to communicate public health information. Why do you feel this public health information that needs to be communicated instead of solved?

To continue a panic?

My first call is to my health director - what’s the plan? Then we quickly try to figure out why it won’t work.

Then I communicate to the public - not the problem - the problem and our solutions.

Of course I decide what information to share and when - I’m the governor. Who else should decide? The media? They don’t even know what the ■■■■ they’re prattling about, much less how to resolve it. You think the media is going to ■■■■ ICU beds?

You think the public is going to not get sick if they know?

Correct. Not talking about small rural hospitals. Montgomery metro area is 370K.

Montgomery is 4th in metropolitan area population in the state. It’s relatively small and there’s not a lot there.

Which is 4th in the state.

Uh Oh now you’ve done it. There will be some folks running around with their hair on fire over this. :wink:

1 Like

Which is still 370K people.

4th doesn’t have the same resources as 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

1 Like

georgia new cases from the john hopkins site.

Looking good!