Alabama mayor keeping it classy

Tell me more.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for someone who sees a problem with consensual paediphilia to show the self-awareness to recognise why it is a problem.

I answered your question- there is no such thing as consensual sex between adults and children.

I also addressed what it is you are trying to do- create false equivalencies so the debate can be had on your terms and not objective terms.

There is no equivalence between sex between adults and kids…which is not consensual…and that of homosexual partners that we should be worried about “an aggressive agenda to normalize it”.

It’s the old “homosexuality=pedophilia” argument again, and no matter how many words you use to dress that up, that’s what it is.

You are nowhere near as clever as you think you are. WAY smarter people than you, who are WAY more grounded in the use of logic and rhetoric than you, have tried and failed with these arguments.

So please stop this crap to try and distract that a public official in Alabama suggested killing off all LGBTQ was a “solution” to any kind of “problem”.

Either call him out, declare your support for him, or get out of the thread.

9 Likes

:rofl: no it isn’t

We already mentioned agenof consent being defined by the society and science.

You haven’t explained why normalizing homosexuality would be a problem. You went off on some weird tangent in pedophilia that has no relevance.

You say that consensual sex between adults and children is a problem because there is no such thing.
If that’s your best justification, then once such a thing is accepted as existing, you would no longer see it as a problem.

Do you mean that at present under existing law, there is no such thing? But it is open to negotiation, and if there is enough pressure exerted on legislators and they succumb to the pressure, then such a thing as consensual adult-child sex could suddenly come into being. If a child is groomed into a state of mind where he or she gives consent, who’s to say it’s not consensual. And once the legislators declare it legal, it will stop being a problem for you because it will then be a real thing.

What would be your attitude to people who began pushing to normalise paedophilia as consensual and healthy and to move the law towards recognising that as the social norm? Do you think you would be entitled to be somewhat angry and feel like wanting to remove them from society?

It’s not my problem if you claim you can’t see the relevance.

So quintuple down it was.

Pedophilia does not equal homosexuality no matter how many times you try to make the connection. And no…I don’t have to understand where you’re coming from or respect your opinion on the matter. All opinions aren’t equally valid.

So I am to assume you’ve made your choice and support this mayor full on.

Good on you for owning that.

4 Likes

Keep waiting because thus issue isnt about this topic and it’s about killing gays. .

Why should anyone entertain your comment?

Hmm, I guess I’m a little slow today so if you could help me out I’d appreciate it.

You haven’t explained why normalizing homosexuality would be a problem.

Meanwhile Boston is going to have straight pride parade end of July or early Aug.

How does that make you all feel?

Decisions on age of consent is not based on observation? And science has come a long way in our understanding of brain development and how we change as we age.

There isnt one…you are creating an tangent and getting off topic…

Do you condone what this mayor stated?

Yes or no

I’m fine with it.

I have never equated paedophilia and homosexuality.

People have been claiming that I am, in order to justify their avoiding giving clear straight answers to my question. Maybe you are not here to discuss topics raised with a view to growing in understanding. Maybe you have other motives for posting here. But for those interested in exploring the issue raised in the OP, rather than just champion their favoured opinion by repeating trite talking points and avoiding new ideas, my questions have a legitimate purpose.

What matters most is how does it make YOU feel?

1 Like

Fine…sounds like every other parade

Proud…

Like I said dude…you’re not half as clever as you think you are.

The subject here is the mayor suggesting the only “solution” to LGBTQ is to murder them all.

Period.

2 Likes

Keepin’ it classy!

He and this man https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fny-tennessee-district-attorney-northcott-same-sex-violence-20190605-rmxc6762qvgnff73iobk36m6ie-story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

should get together for lunch. They’d have a lot to discuss!