Alabama bans "Arthur" episode because it revolves around a gay wedding

You can stop the kids from watching the gay marriage episode of Arthur…but can you stop them from watching the latest toy unboxing or slime youtube video and avoiding the sage advice from the comments section? Be gay and do crimes?

I think not.

The problem is with how you all are treating people.

The only problem people have with the episode is that it includes two gay people getting married. And they think if their kids were to watch such a thing that their kids might make the great moral mistake of thinking such a thing is ok.

When I was going to middle and high school when I was younger do you know what the go to insult was? “You’re Gay.” That’s pretty ■■■■■■ up.

We don’t need more of that.

We all?

Who is mistreating gay and lesbian folk by not broadcasting a wedding of fictitious characters?

You all are so damn bitter about society accepting gay people that you will go to bat for a station not allowing an episode of Arthur where gay people get married. It’s a children’s show about why we should be nice to one another.

1 Like

“But I hear crickets about that.”

Crickets about the worsening countries in this story, too

But hey, a PBS channel in Alabama doesn’t show an episode with a same sex wedding on a kid’s cartoon, and :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::pleading_face::scream:?

I wonder if the censorship was taking place someplace more liberal—hey, not all with liberal leanings are in favor of GLBTQ equality—if there would be such an uproar on the Forum.

1 Like

You all? Bitter?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Best laugh I’ve had all day. I could care less if my neighbor wants a same sex relationship. But I also understand that not everyone is supportive, & don’t want to see the opposition to same sex marriage silenced.

Alabama probably would have banned an Arthur episode if it revolved around an inter-racial marriage too. I don’t know why people are so upset about Alabama supporting traditional marriage.

Silenced? We are talking about an episode of Arthur that had the nerve to show a gay couple getting married not being shown in Alabama because it makes some parents uncomfortable.

Who is being silenced besides the creators of the episode?

Did you miss the OP?

Alabama public TV is a government agency?

Alabama Public TV is operated by the Alabama Educational Television Commission, which holds the licenses for all the PBS member stations licensed in the state. The Alabama Educational Television Commission consists of:

Mr. Ferris W. Stephens, Chairman, Birmingham (6th congressional district)
Mr. J. Holland, Secretary, Gadsden (4th congressional district)
Mrs. Tijuanna Adetunji, Montgomery (2nd congressional district)
Mr. Les Barnett, Mobile (1st congressional district)
Mr. Pete Conroy, Jacksonville (3rd Congressional District)
Dr. Douglas L. Ragland, Birmingham (7th congressional district)
Mrs. Bebe Williams, Huntsville (5th congressional district)

Nobody is saying that YOU can’t change the channel if you don’t want your children to see same sex marriage.

We are questioning why the state of Alabama removed the episode from people in Alabama who do not care about a wedding between 2 people of the same sex.

Does that make it a government agency?

It’s operated by a panel of politicians. Politicians who feel gay marriage on tv is inappropriate for children, but those children should also be ready to give birth to their rapist’s child.

1 Like

Does that make it a government agency?

Does it and why does that matter?

Do you have a point?

Alabama politicians decided that being exposed to gay marriage is inappropriate for children, but those children should also be made to give birth if they are raped and made pregnant. Apparently one is worse than the other.

You were the one asking if the a poster missed the OP as if he was wrong in his assertion.

Apparently it mattered at that point.

It was a simple yes or no answer.

Your feelings do not play a part in that answer.