Alabama bans "Arthur" episode because it revolves around a gay wedding

It wasn’t banned it Canada it was rejected by distributor.
they are free to rent a build and have public screening of the film in Canada which they have done already but you need to get approval from a distributor to have it shown in theaters.

there are very few Independent theaters in Canada.
and the ones that do exist mostly play indie movies and rare older films.

Arthur is on aired on public network paid for by tax payers

Except for the fact, they are being dinosaurs and denying reality. That’s the problem. These people are very close-minded and think the bible is ultimately a science book.

That’s an ironic statement. Alabama doesn’t WANT you to watch an episode on a gay wedding.

No wonder why I didn’t hear about the Canadian government banning “Unplanned”.

Yes, Arthur is on PBS, therefore the decision to can the episode was due to the government, not wanting to expose children to gay weddings.

1 Like

Censoring a cartoon.

Seriously.

Allan

5 Likes

Great thought. We should start a whole list of topics that should be banned so it won’t get RWers in a tizzy.

1. Peace
  2. Love
  3. Human kindness
  4. Human rights
  5. Anti-discrimination
  6. Immigration

And that’s just the start.

This was discussed in the religion forum. We were told that showing the cartoon would take away the rights of parents. Also, gays have AIDs and mess up children’s heads.

Where do the RWers keep coming up with this stuff? These crazy imaginations are working overtime.

1 Like

Can you give me the government agency that banned it from the PBS station in Alabama? Link would be nice. Please and thank you.

Isn’t the average age of those viewing “Arthur” between about three and six? Why are so many so desperate to showcase sexuality to children this age?

Perhaps those in Alabama are like this father

who acknowledge homosexuals’ right to live & make choices, but don’t want to be teaching children as young as Kindergarten about those choices.

Heck, I am acquainted with a woman far more progressive than myself about various issues, & even she—with transgender & lesbian family members—doesn’t want her preschool nephews taught that same sex & trans choices are the norm. She doesn’t want to confuse them teaching about sexual variations in the pre & early school years.

It doesn’t sound as if the people of Alabama are looking to execute homosexuals, as is the practice in some developing world countries—odd I never hear that brought up on these forums. But they don’t want it broadcast to kids in pre & early grade schools.

Can’t talk about countries like Uganda, with strict penalties against homosexuality & family members who accept them in their homes, but it’s amusing to make fun of southern conservatives who simply don’t want their kids introduced to the sexual preference of a small minority of human beings. Love the double standards, folks.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Are the cartoon characters discussing sexuality?

Showing a marriage between two men is no more “showcasing sexuality” than showing a marriage between a man and a woman.

The fact that you keep using the word “choice” is troubling, and supports the conclusion that you are part of the problem.

Not really! :roll_eyes: Very few states that had gay marriage on the ballot voted for it, even the most liberal state of California voted it down, it was the courts that forced it on “the people” with a 5-4 decision which means it came down to a “one person” decision. So much for breaking away from King George III as well as the all important to libs of the “popular” vote.

1 Like

Virtue Signalers of the World, UNITE!

1 Like

“Canada” banned nothing.

See this link

Many problems here:

I am talking about 2019. All the polls show support for gay marriage is about 61%. Before 2011, most Americans oppose the practice.

Prop 8 happened in 2008, before the change of public support.

It’s the job of the supreme court to review laws passed and see if they are congruent with our constitutional laws.

You’re a very well aware of the three branches of government, and how everybody can “check each other”. The Supreme Court can be overruled by a constitutional amendment.

George and Steve signing a marriage license does not impact your marriage or relationship with others.

Did you agree with the Loving vs. Virginia case?

Alabama conservatives, on one hand, feel that children shouldn’t be exposed to gay marriage on TV.

Alabama conservatives, on the other hand, feel that children should be ready to give birth to their rapist’ child.

Doesn’t PBS ban anything that has to do with Religion?

If so how is this any different.

Such is life in Gilead.

“Weddings are supposed to be a time for joy and happiness.”

They are.

But what wedding gets the support of all human beings? Who of us can’t say

Don’t like my family member’s choice of a member of the opposite sex to marry. Don’t wanna go.

Don’t think with the radically different cultures, spiritual beliefs or ideas the two parties have the marriage stands a chance. Don’t wanna attend the wedding.

Those are just two examples of straight weddings one might decline, & if they’re not going, they’re not bringing their young children.

Why is parents opting out of showing the Arthur same sex wedding episode a problem? IMO The only individuals who should attend or participate in any way in a wedding—for example, watching a video of it—are those who are genuinely happy about the new union.