Ahead of NATO and Putin summits, Trump’s unorthodox diplomacy rattles allies

Thanks for sharing and good luck on the next leg of your career.

Thanks. Good luck with the public’s relations job for trump.

Thanks for never failing to race-bait when you see an opportunity. I’d be disappointed if you didn’t troll at this point.

1 Like

Those Anatolians in Turkey and the Asians in Korea… are they scary people in your mind?

No- burden-sharing is potentially a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.

I could see situations where making it an end in and of itself, with the overly-simplistic metric of percent GDP each country spends, would actually be MORE detrimental to the strategic interests of the United States than what we have currently.

In any event, sending ripples through the alliance on this matter just before heading to Helsinki to meet with Putin is so dumb on so many levels I have to admit to be flabbergasted that even Trump supporters can’t see it.

Your entire argument is a non sequitur.

The comments that are being made are not that no peace is possible…just that North Korea is doing what they have always done with previous administrations…with the new leverage of being made a “player” by having scored the coup of a one-to-one summit between Trump and Kim…a summit North Korea did not earn, but was given anyway.

I don’t see how even Trump supporters can’t see simply agreeing to hold the summit was a MAJOR concession to Kim, and that thus far with all these major concessions, we have gotten nothing in return from him.

Oh wait- we got three hostages back. That’s like praising the kidnappers for returning their victims after being paid off.

I think even Trump has to suspect- why else would he embellish about what we got out of this summit? To the point of lying that we’ve received the remains of any US servicemen and that Kim committed to total denuclearization?

You’re not being asked about what might happen in the future. You’re being asked about performance to date and how you see it mapping out to a long-term win for the United States.

2 Likes

We’re deplorable and libs are brilliant. Please carry on…I’ve got to run stimulate the economy.

What’s wrong with America First? Our Dear Leader believes in it too.

Keep America Great.

Punting, as usual.

I would follow this up with a simple question to those who think Trump is on the right path.

What would be easier for the US to plan for from a military perspective…defense against 1-2 countries or defense against dozens of countries?

There were always long-term strategic reasons why the US not only accepted but likely ADVOCATED for us to be the dominant military presence within NATO.

Offshore balancing/burden-shifting is a perfectly acceptable new strategy to try and shift to- as the US grand strategic concept of primacy is long-term an unsustainable goal.

But such a shift requires finesse, not a bludgeon.

Trump is using a bludgeon.

1 Like

As long as you’re not trying to pretend to have a serious debate.

I’ll take this response as an admission you have no counterpoints to what I have laid out.

Ya gotta love people who sophisticated negotiation looks like this guy:

Well- unless the person sitting across from you is a dictator. Then, it looks like this: