Accountants Must Turn Over Trump’s Financial Records, Lower-Court Judge Rules

What legislative reason do they want his financials? Please tell me what law they are thinking of adjusting or implimneting. Please and thank you

Apparently the dems are feeling the heat. Most have lost patience for investigations as well. They are meeting at 9 am tomorrow to discuss whether or not to proceed with impeachment.

Do you think that the dems will have impeachment and investigations going on at the same time? What a circus that would be.

From Judge Mehta’s decision.

According to the Oversight Committee, it believes that the requested
records will aid its consideration of strengthening ethics and disclosure laws, as well as amending the penalties for violating such laws. The Committee also says that the records will assist in monitoring the President’s compliance with the Foreign Emoluments Clauses. These are facially valid legislative purposes, and it is not for the court to question whether the Committee’s actions are truly motivated by political considerations. Accordingly, the court will enter judgment in favor
of the Oversight Committee.

3 Likes

It’s the next step

My pleasure.

strengthening ethics and disclosure laws on the books.

Allan

Impeachment while the investigation is still in progress? I’m hoping that happens. What a circus that will be. Talking about having all of your balls in the air. I can’t wait for tomorrow! :clown_face:

Impeachment inquiry

I think what we’re seeing is expected isn’t it? Trump supporters know, and have always known, that if investigators ever get to his money trail he’s in trouble. He’s just not a clean dude.

The real question is did he have his under bosses do all the dirty work to keep his own hands clean.

Bravo

No, it’s not at all surprising

1 Like

Yes, the lawyer of the guy who would say anything to get elected. And then tell lies or misstate facts everyday. It is interesting that you can condemn one liar and defend another.

2 Likes

I’m still taking bets on whether this is overturned at the appellate level or the Supreme Court. Name your stakes and let’s get it on record.

Yeah… that is not how that testimony went down at all.

ouch.

Imagine that…

Tomorrow we get to learn what they plan to charge The President with. Like waiting for the Oscar for best picture. We get to see THE CRIME! Or maybe they will be content just to investigate for another year? We shall see. Or maybe impeach and investigate simultaneously? Are you taking bets on that? What’s your bet?

That sure did seem to be the case with Cohen.

1 Like

A judge who ruled like all the others since 1880, but he donated money to Obama in 2012 so he’s corrupt.

3 Likes

Eventually they will get to a Trump appointed Judge. Film at eleven.

It’s a conspiracy derrrrrrr