Accountants Must Turn Over Trump’s Financial Records, Lower-Court Judge Rules

President Trump’s accounting firm must turn over his financial records to Congress, a Federal District Court judge ruled on Monday, rejecting his legal team’s argument that lawmakers had no legitimate power to subpoena the files.

Round one is now complete. And the ruling is what I expected. The Trump camp wants to keep this wrapped up in the courts until after the election. I believe that it is now high profile enough that rulings on this may not be delayed that long. Film at eleven.

5 Likes

The tweets are going to be ■■■■■■■ epic

1 Like

He should just ignore it. Don’t even appeal. Just ignore.

I agree… The subpoena is for his accounting firm, Mazars… They won’t ignore the subpoena…

7 Likes

Good test of loyalty. Will his accountants choose jail to protect Trump?

This will be appealed. Don’t expect anything soon. And. It’s not oversight. They are digging for issues. It’s out of desperation.

2 Likes

True, because he’s be appealing to Merrick Garland., Chief judge of the DC District Court of Appeals.

From what I heard on TV the judge told the Trump lawyers that they will loose on appeal so don’t even try it.

1 Like

We’ll see. What the appeal process does for sure is to make it take longer. Which will keep the liberals flustered for a few more months. I personally don’t really care. Yet another democratic fishing expedition. Just like the attempted Mueller redo. The whole thing is getting really boring. :sleeping:

A Washington, D.C.-based federal judge has sided with House Oversight Committee Democrats seeking to enforce their subpoena of Trump accounting firm Mazars USA, in a major ruling that breathes new life into Democrats’ ongoing efforts to probe the president’s financial dealings.

I guess this decision will be appealed, though.

Now, guess who is the Chief Judge in the DC District Court of Appeals?
MERRICK GARLAND!!! I’m sure he’ll be fair and balanced.

7 Likes

Well ain’t that delicious :rofl:

That is perfect.

I’m sure he will make his ruling according to the law.

Trump didn’t do anything to him anyway.

1 Like

I meant it- he will be fair and balanced. He should be on the SCOTUS right now, though. That’s the fun part- that he is in the court that will decide this issue.

Revenge politics.

Some judge huh?

Some people are saying Garland should recuse himself because of what Republicans did to him.

6 Likes

Many, many people. But wouldn’t that be rewarding McConnell’s despicable behavior?

When is the cut-off date for Trump’s court nominations? I mean, given the fact there there will be an election in only 18 months?

Do you agree with them?

altair1013, attorney-at-law, has spoken.

3 Likes

I can understand why Garland would be biased against all Republicans. It might be better for the country if he just retires.

4 Likes