According to AOC a world with defunded police looks like a suburb

I’ve never really been that into sports, but I do love to play hockey. There’s a rink near me that has adult pick-up games a couple times a month.

Well I can tell you as profession criminal I don’t want to see them ever!

She’s very clear on this, defund the police. In her mind police are doing more harm than good and that money would better spent on schools and other community programs as well. Not sure who is going to actually enforce laws in her naive world. I guess she assumes that when the cops are gone everyone will magically become 100% law abiding citizens. :crazy_face:

During this discussion many people have been talking about what Camden NJ did. And what they did is not what the likes of AOC and the people who are protesting are calling for.

They are ‘on demand’ in the suburbs. ‘Subscription’ seems appropriate.

Yours? I really like it.

What needs to be enforced in a majority black, hispanic or cambodian neighborhoods that doesn’t need to be enforced in the mostly white suburbs?

I don’t know if others have used it. I’m not knowingly quoting, but I wouldn’t bet against others arriving at similar terms.

1 Like

I like subscription because it covers more than just 911 calls.

Not sure I follow and how does your question relate to my comment about AOC’s view on defunding the police?

I grew up in an inner city on a block that was majority black and Hispanic families. The cops were not relentlessly patrolling my neighborhood.

@conan

Check it out

Portland community searched for 'serial stalker' amid police inaction, delays | Fox News

Why do we need to find out?

Minneapolis defunded their police, and are now trying to re-fund them after crime spiked.

Seattle tried that little experiment with their ‘CHAZ’ zone, and crime basically tripled.

Then there is the experiment that is the bankrupt city of Detroit, where crime goes up every year. Yeah, they defunded their police too.

But what about Camden, NJ? If you actually read up on that story, they basically did some Scott Walker-esque union busting, and were able to almost double the size of the police force there. Nothing says defunded like increasing the size of the police force from 200 to 380 police officers.

I don’t think we need to study this anymore. The verdict is in, and AOC is nuts. :rofl:

You should go on a ride along with cops in the suburbs…you might learn something.

Who needs police? Just get mousetrap windows. I’m nominating this guy for a Darwin Award.

Lee County burglar dies after window closes on him - NBC2 News (nbc-2.com)

1 Like

Seems like they made their beds.

But again the best defense is supporting armed homeowner.

1 Like

She’s got the intellect of a pet rock.

1 Like

Where do they sell those at? I want some! :joy:

1 Like

But sadly she’s way smarter than those that voted for her. Isn’t our public education system great??

Knew a guy that would glue broken glass to his outside windowsills. Worked too, he found a bunch of blood on the one sill one day.

1 Like