According to AOC a world with defunded police looks like a suburb

Drug use is not the only crime. What does the distribution network look like?

Nearly everyone in the suburb I live in would want more police, not to defund the police. Maybe the way the police react has something to do with whether you are likely to commit a crime and how you treat the police.

This is ambiguously worded.

Do people in your suburb believe they need more police, or that other places need more police?

There is definitely strong support for the local police in the suburb. What happens in Seattle is more like, what you write posts in political forums about.

There is a difference between “support” for the police, and the desire for more police.

People who strongly support the police are usually the ones who see them the least.

1 Like

Nope. But I’m fine with not convincing you. I don’t have a poll and if I went out and took one I doubt if you would buy it on faith.

Funny you should ask. Back in the days of drug corners, before smart phones, every single big time open air drug market would be situated in the ghetto on an intersection that was a major suburban commuter route. Rush hour traffic stuff. Guess why.

These days street dudes are more likely to be copping their pills from suburban dudes than the other way around, bent doctors being notoriously suspect about piling fraudulent scripts on hood dudes but not upstanding white kids.

Or in the case of my city and really most of the mid Atlantic region down to the Carolinas, redneck gangs from West Virginia. WV is Ground Zero of illegal opioid pills.

1 Like

tons of crime in suburbs.

Pretty much in the suburbs are on pills and coke.

So is that what AOC meant by what a world with defunded police would look like?

The thing about pills - which these days consists almost entirely of opiates (oxys, etc) - is that eventually, people start to realize that heroin is much cheaper, and accomplishes the same goals.

There’s a lot of heroin in the suburbs these days.

1 Like

I assume she is talking about how the police interact with the community.

when you start running out of money you move to heroin and meth.
I use to work with a guy spend 120,000 in a year on coke and pills now he is homeless meth addict.

You might appreciate this, back before pot production went domestic and smuggling BC bud across the border was a thriving industry, occasionally the Canadian weed dealer mafia would have to send their goons down to straighten a guy out. But the funny part was, the three I met anyway, is that they were literally goons, beer league hockey players who weren’t good enough to make even semi-pro.

4 Likes

I love this so much.

They would interact better if they were defunded? That’s a little hard to understand. I suggest working more on the interacting and less on the defunding. And there is another side to this. How the community interact with the police, not just how the police interact with the community.

defunding doesn’t mean No Police.

Iv met many a hockey goon.
they are worse then Fratboys.

Yeah the dude they were looking for ended up in the hospital beaten severely not too long after but the even funnier part is that true to their polite stereotype, even Canuck crooks don’t really shoot dudes, they just beat them up and work out a payment plan.

dead people can’t pay their debts.
really the only criminal that shot each-other are a few gangs in Toronto.