According the polls. It's over

Regarding the bolded text.

I disagree, about misplaced levels of high confidence. What they are trying to do is to take individual outlier polls from the 2016 campaign and use them to undermine what they tell you at a point in time and project that onto future results.

It’s discredit campaign.
.WW, PSHS

We are going to disagree on this one brother. I have probably 50 bookmarks of posters here confidently exclaiming Trump is a shoe-in for re-election. While this specific thread may be how you describe, on the whole the confidence levels being espoused by many here is equal that of some of those who were blindly confident of Clinton’s success in 2016.

Strange poll, especially after she destroyed her credability!

This is yooge, along with signs of seniors’ disillusionment with Trump over his perceived bungling of the pandemic response. You can’t disregard your most devoted voter demographic and expect an easy path to victory. People are ready for boring and stable.

2 Likes

I really don’t want to be entertained by the President. Apparently I was in the electoral minority in 2016.

4 Likes

The fire-hose of constant chaos has seemingly caught up to Trump. When you rule through division and chaos, the people finally get tired of it and are ready to move on.

1 Like

states were responsible for implementation of the response. This ain’t your daddy Obama’s kingdom. Trump respects the fact that our constitution does not give the federal government all power, authority, and responsibility.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I could use some calm right about now. These last 4 years have been a roller coaster of chaos

3 Likes

THE LONE WARRIOR!

1 Like

Politics is perception, and the increasing perception among an increasing number of people (including seniors) is that when it comes to COVID Trump is either unwilling or unable to lead in this crisis. He can’t even exemplify proper CDC protocol for his base by wearing a mask as he crowds them into enclosed spaces for rallies. And it doesn’t go unnoticed.

He’s the leader of this nation. He can’t just wash his hands of everything (pun intended) and expect everyone to love him for it.

1 Like

Seniors are being unreasonable right now, they want everything locked down until it’s gone. They don’t have jobs they have to worry about losing.

Our states aren’t separated by walls bro. We needed a clear, federal, across-the-board plan on this, not 50 governors inventing the wheel themselves and alone. Now we are 4% of the earth’s population with 25% of the COVID. This is bad.

1 Like

I’m a senior… 66. I think the Trump presidency is on par with the best I’ve seen in my life. Other seniors I know agree.

You must be reading those polls again. Listen… I’m sitting here with a shotgun in arms reach. Most seniors arnt. But even I know that an open expression of support for Trump could get me killed. Seniors can read… unlike the stupid thugs that dominate the riots. And we know about your© intimidation methods. So … go with polls if you think they are accurate. I’m hoping you will.

we are a large and diverse republic…not a “one size fits all” kingdom.

Maybe Trump can try to use that logic on them to reassure them.

You might well be right, but when it comes to politics and Trump’s chances of re-election it doesn’t matter. Deserved or not, he is alienating an absolutely critical percentage of his base with this behavior. It certainly doesn’t get them juiced to stand in line with others, for extended periods, to cast a vote for him.

1 Like

The polls bring out the False Prophets. Just remember 2016.

The virus doesn’t care how “diverse” you are. The measures to control it would be the same. We failed to do that, and the States who didn’t follow protocol are getting crushed by this thing.

1 Like

Link to anyone getting murdered for having a trump sign in their yard?

2 Likes

As I’ve said, polls are snapshots, not predictors.

A lot can happen in the next sixteen weeks, and while I will predict that Trump can be relied on to keep stepping on landmines, Biden’s camp would be foolish at this point to do anything less than step on the gas and campaign like they’re 20 points behind.

2 Likes