About gropey's And phony's New Mask Mandate Proposal

I don’t blame Trump for the global spread.
I blame Trump for not taking it seriously from the beginning.

1 Like

Other countries have demonstrably performed better than the USA.

1 Like

It is silly to assume that New York achieved herd immunity and that is why any spike from the protests was not severe.

It is also not an explanation as to why the virus is spreading out of control across the country.

It is because we do not have a national plan as to how to handle this thing, as far a testing, tracing, and response.

It Doesn’t exist.

The Trump Administration threw up it’s hands and declared that a pandemic is basically not their problem, and enough supporters allow It that they are not forced to change course at all.

The result is that more people will die here than anywhere else in the world, the infection rates are higher than anywhere else and the economy is going to continue to crater.

And the fact that many people weren’t allowed to ask those being tested if they had attended a protest.

Which I know you’ve mentioned many times before.

1 Like

I wear a mask, an effective one. Though not often and social distance and voluntary quarantine is a far more effective defense. Not everyone does or even knows which masks are effective and which aren’t. Which is why I was pointing out the point he was making was only applicable to the mask he was using, which is one of the better types. Some types actually make the problem worse.

So before lecturing others you might want to try first informing yourself.

1 Like

My state had a BLM protest. There was no spike in new COVID-19 cases as a consequence of the protest.

What advice did he not follow??

And don’t say “masks” because you better talk to every one of his top advisors before you blame Trump for that.

Indeed. It’s not even close. This has been colossal failure in the US under Trump’s leadership.

Worst jobs record ever. Worst crisis handling ever. Biggest failure in modern American history.

He. Must. Go!

Why does that really matter.

It has been shown that even with the protests in NYC that the infection rate has gone down.

I am never ever going to make the argument that the protests didn’t lead to more infections, but to assume that it is the protests that is the prime cause of the climbing infection rate and increasing deaths does not bear out with the evidence.

Utah is leaving it up to individual counties to impliment. So far only Salt Lake and Summit counties have. 20 other counties in the state have not.

One example is that if the USA had a comparable per capita COVID-19 death rate as Australia it would have had fewer than 5,500 deaths at this point in time.

2 Likes

I didn’t say he didn’t follow advice. I said he didn’t take it seriously from the beginning.
He kept poo-pooing it “15 cases will soon go down to zero.” “In April, with the warm weather, it will disappear, like a miracle.”

I watched most of cuomo’s briefings early on. He explained in great detail how Trump was right about there being no capacity for standard testing throughout all 50 states.

What were you watching??

Some of us have been staying at home, at great expense, some of us have been out looting and burning and not social distancing. I know which of those two situations are more likely to spread disease. Do you?

2 Likes

God forbid a President try and quell a panic with optimism.

it doesn’t have to achieve complete herd immunity, only a level that helps to contain any spikes.

every state has a testing and tracing plan in effect. Where tracing is beneficial, it is done. Where it would be a waste of time and resources its also done (as much as is possible), even though it is a waste of time and resources in any major metro area. There is no way to trace contacts in cities with millions of people going about their business. You are not blaming Trump for not having a plan, you’re blaming him for not doing the impossible.

We don’t need a one size fits all plan, we need the states to implement plans suitable for each states situation.

1 Like

Dude…you’ll never meet anyone more informed. I have already dealt with outbreak on my staff and with my clients. I too social distance and quarantine when I can. But I have to go to work, and I have to wear a mask when outside of my own office. Most masks are effective and some are greatly more effective than others. But ya know what doesnt work at all?

Not wearing a mask.

There is optimism and then there is misinformation. He misinformed the public with his faux optimism.

1 Like

Yes. And part of the reason why there was not that capacity is that the initial test was a failure and they lost precious weeks trying to get it straight.

I don’t blame the President for the test being a failure, I do blame him for having zero response ready for when it was.

February was a lost month.

It has been a continued clown show since then.

May Govs are listening to trump. He is not for a mask mandate. He has been in the ‘let people decide’ camp.