A worldwide crisis won't stop Trump from visiting his own golf resort

Let me word it better…Do you think the Senate Majority leader should be able to hold up all bills that he doesn’t personally favor?
Example …And correct if I’m wrong on the process. A bill can pass the house overwhelmingly bi partisan, and even the majority of the senate is in favor…And yet the Senate Majority leader can just say , I’m not letting it advance. I think maybe there should be someway to override that.

You mean Camp David?

3 Likes

Lol frugal…ok

Can’t he do the studying anywhere?

That I’ll agree with

Neat an opinion piece

That’s the way the senate has always been set up. Set up that way for a reason (went hand in hand with how senators were originally picked).

Him? No he can’t. The only way he could learn that is if Fox News switched to a 24 hour medical channel about viruses and government response. And he can’t watch Fox News while golfing.

1 Like

Yea but maybe a time to update it…seems like thats a lot of power for one individual, to have control over a whole process on his whim like that. Over a bi partisan majority who may think otherwise.

Next time Dem’s have the majority in the senate, first thing they should do is change the senate rules then. Prevent the senate majorty leader can not hold a bill. And I don’t mean when it looks like they will no longer the the majority, I mean the very first day they have majority.
You won’t see it happen – because both parties consider it a failsafe.

I meant for both sides, not just for McConnel…It could happen on the left too…where a majority want the bill and leader says no.

It wouldn’t take a constitutional amendment.

All it would require is the majory in the senate to vote to change the rules of the chamber.

Just like that’s all it took to get ride of filabuster on the nominies for the courts.

Either party could do it in a heart beat.

BUT both parties, like I said . . . look at it as a failsafe. Dems out of power, they want it removed. When they are in power (and house held by R’s) they want to keep the option.

He IS pretty isolated down there.

I’m not the one that was yelling about golfing. Your boy was. Here are two that I immediately found after a quick search.

Trump is full of ■■■■■ It’s bad enough that he goes golfing at the rate he does and it’s even worse that he does it at his own properties, and actually profiting off his office. I’d like to see his supporters call him out on it.

There is, selecting a new majority leader.

So here’s my no spin response. Only Trump haters are concerned with golf. Not a single person will be changing their vote based on the President’s golf habits. Not one. :man_shrugging:

Fair enough. Also, and no one expects Trump supports to hold Trump accountable for anything he says or does.

1 Like

We do hold him accountable for all the amazing things he has accomplished. :grin:

1 Like

I wont get between you and dear-leader.

Well that is might fine of you. And I won’t get between you and your dear leader either. I at least owe you that.