A trump op-ed almost entirely composed of lies and misleading statements

That’s not the point though.

It’s just pointing out the duplicity of leftists who now seem concerned about lies.

At times they will.

They didn’t for his SCOTUS picks (so I expect the others he’ll get to pick will be similar.) They didn’t for a lot of other stuff he has accomplished so far.

I have no doubts he’ll disappoint me at times (and has already on some things), but he came through on a lot of things I could never have dreamed for under Hillary, nor even that Cruz (who I wanted) could have accomplished had he been president.

I’m happy to see what I have liked so far, and won’t abandon my enthusiasm to see even more of that.

And therefore, to your question, my overall response is this: So?

Everyone already knew that Trump was a massive liar. He just sounded like Rush and Sean (Republican Media) and that was very attractive to Republicans.

Trump repeatedly lies in an op-ed and the toadies run cover. In other news the grass is green and water is wet.

Actually, they enable his lying.

Very true.

A fair comparison er: lies would be Obama to Bush I, or Bush II, or Clinton.

Comparing Trump to any of these recent presidents re: lies is just intellectually dishonest.

1 Like

Your needle is stuck.

I get done saying it’s not about comparisons, and you come back with a reply to me about comparisons.

You keep reinforcing my impression of you.

Actually, the fair comparison is more recent. I think we should compare Trumps lies ad misinformation to the ones spread by the Russians during the 2016 election.

You might have said it’s not about comparisons, but then you made a post making a comparison. This is not new. You often do things that you say you don’t do while accusing others of doing things they didn’t do.

You are the one claiming your posts are about libs duality. You are the one comparing liberal treatment of obama lies to liberal treatment of trump lies.

I am saying that comparison is bunk.

1 Like

And revealing the duplicity of righty’s who now aren’t concerned about lies.

I did?

Duplicity.

And lib duplicity isn’t just about Obama’s lies. I commented on the duplicity. You just want to inject your own interpretation (which, again, reinforces my impression of you.)

That’s likely due to the fact that the closer we get to an election, the more rabid partisan leftists and their politicians get. At that point, it’s damn near impossible for any rational individual to align themselves with that idiocy…they tend to distance themselves from it. I suppose that leaves an impression that they are moving more towards the other side among those who move with the radical idiocy.

it appears to me that the Republicans on this site are circling the wagons. it looks like all the talk (from some republicans) about not approving of the direction that Trump is taking the party was just talk.

My opposition to Trump has done nothing but increase since his election, and there is likely nothing that will change that. However, that doesn’t preclude me from furthering my opposition to the left, especially so in light of the radical tact Democrats have decided to take in recent weeks as the election grows closer. Granted, I can only speak for myself in this regard, but I haven’t any evidence of those who oppose Trump moving any closer towards him…but I HAVE seen many on the left move with the radical tact the Democrats have taken.

our president backed the people at the Unite the Right rally. it doesn’t get more radical than that.

sorry dude. you’re just falling in line as usual.

Think what you wish, as I said, your perceptions are likely far different from the position your in.

Duplicity depends on a comparison. You are commenting on the comparison of treatment between obama and trump by libs. I’m sorry that you aren’t bright enough to understand the words you are using. This reinforces my impression of you.

1 Like

I have every faith in you that you know my reference to comparisons was in comparing one president’s lies with another.

Every bit of faith that you know that.

You’re down to desperately grasping at nits again just to save some sort of face and dignity.

Hearing a lib trying to insult me is entertaining.

wow never seen the evidence tat Obama lied every minute wow. can i see the source of that as i would like to share it