A trump op-ed almost entirely composed of lies and misleading statements

trump wrote an op ed in the usa today about healthcare

the washington post fact checked it.
in their words
President Trump wrote an opinion article for USA Today on Oct. 10 regarding proposals to expand Medicare to all Americans — known as Medicare-for-All — in which almost every sentence contained a misleading statement or a falsehood

among trumps claims
As a candidate, I promised that we would protect coverage for patients with pre-existing conditions and create new health care insurance options that would lower premiums. I have kept that promise, and we are now seeing health insurance premiums coming down.”

premiums arent coming down and hes refused to defend a lawsuit trying to overturn pre existing condition

“The Democrats’ plan also would mean the end of choice for seniors over their own health-care decisions. Instead, Democrats would give total power and control over seniors’ health care decisions to the bureaucrats in Washington, D.C.

medicare is already government run

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/10/fact-checking-president-trumps-usa-today-op-ed-medicare-for-all/?utm_term=.dc35f3ebf7a6

As a candidate i said everything would be great and it is. The democrats want it to be not great and that’s not good.

3 Likes

Trump didn’t write ■■■■■ He’s not smart enough to write anything that has more than 255 characters.

3 Likes

The thing is he just can’t not lie. About anything! That’s why Trump will always settle any brought against him, or that he brings against somebody else. His lawyers know that if he’s ever deposed under oath he’d rack up a yuuuuge pile of perjury charges.

1 Like

Donald Trump has made the job of Fact Checker the most stable job in America.

1 Like

Wait a minute - are you suggesting Donald lied about something?

To me, “WaPo Fact Check” is an oxymoron.

Can you imagine the laughter from the left if Fox News came out with a fact checking division?

You don’t need wapo to fact check… was what he “wrote” factual?

Did Obama always tell the truth?

Before you answer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/01/19/obamas-biggest-whoppers/?utm_term=.aaebac86419d

Nope. But we aren’t talking about Obama. We are talking about Trump. Start a thread on Obama lies and I’ll address those there.

So did Trump lie in this op’ed?

2 Likes

No I’m pretty sure the previous Administration gets credit for that job stability. I find it hilarious that those so concerned about Presidential lies had no problem with the lie a minute Obama! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Seems like you are learning from Donald. Provide a link that shows Obama told a lie per minute.

Trump lies at an unprecedented rate. Nice straw man though.

26% of Obama’s rated statements were mostly false, false or pants on fire. 69% of Trumps were rated the same.

1 Like

So, what is your position about Trump’s lies?

It was sarcasm……… but not by much! :roll_eyes:

Your whataboutism is pathetic. I’m guessing you support Trump’s lies?

2 Likes

You guys still don’t get it, it’s all hyperbole! - trump supporters