A simple wish for all…

“Dear God, we thank You for this meal and for all the hands that helped prepare it. We give You thanks most of all for the gift of Your Son, Jesus. Please bless the food we eat, all who are gathered today to share it, and all our loved ones who can’t be with us today.”

To with whom I fervently agree…

To all with whom I vehemently disagree…

May you have a blessed day with the people you love.

Happy Thanksgiving

20 Likes

Amen.

4 Likes

I just saw this on the news…it’s from Lincoln’s 1863 Thanksgiving Proclamation…

“ On October 3, 1863, President Lincoln issued a proclamation designating “the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving.” Lincoln’s announcement marked the culmination of a multi-decade campaign by Sarah Josepha Hale to make Thanksgiving into a national holiday. Although Lincoln wrote the vast majority of his state papers, the Thanksgiving Proclamation was in fact drafted by Seward.”.

“It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American People. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.”

3 Likes

Wife is unwell with the flu so we are not going to the annual Thanksgiving family shindig. Oh gosh I am so upset I get to sit on my arse all day and do nothing while she recovers in bed.

It certainly is a happy thanksgiving :grinning:

7 Likes

May you all be warm, full of good food, and content with your friends and family.

G-d’s blessings for all.

ETA: almost forgot the meme…

5 Likes

FDR made it the 4th Thursday in November to give people more shopping days until Christmas. Traditionally, shopping for Christmas starts the day after thanksgiving, and businesses lobbied FDR to change it because in the height of the Great Depression it was found that falling on the 29th or 30th only gave shoppers 24 days to spend money in their shops. It was proven they’d spend less if given less time to do so.

1 Like

Happy thanksgiving all. Whether you bake it, fry it, or smoke it, enjoy that turkey!

2 Likes

OK, one more meme. The crescent rolls are almost done. It’s time to start guarding the deviled eggs.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks, and same to you.

Happy Gobble-Gobble

Give thanks to The Lord, for He is good: His love endures forever.
Psalms 107:1

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving forum crew

1 Like

Thank you. I’m not sure if I knew that….

Guess I must not have!

2 Likes

Compare and contrast to this morning’s stirring Thanksgiving message from TFG:

@realDonaldTrump

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL, including the Racist & Incompetent Attorney General of New York State, Letitia “Peekaboo” James, who has let Murder & Violent Crime FLOURISH, & Businesses FLEE; the Radical Left Trump Hating Judge, a “Psycho,” Arthur Engoron, who Criminally Defrauded the State of New York, & ME, by purposely Valuing my Assets at a “tiny” Fraction of what they are really worth in order to convict me of Fraud before even a Trial, or seeing any PROOF, & used his Politically Biased & Corrupt Campaign Finance Violator, Chief Clerk Alison Greenfield, to sit by his side on the “Bench” & tell him what to do; & Crooked Joe Biden, who has WEAPONIZED his Department of Injustice against his Political Opponent, & allowed our Country to go to HELL; & all of the other Radical Left Lunatics, Communists, Fascists, Marxists, Democrats, & RINOS, who are seriously looking to DESTROY OUR COUNTRY. Have no fear, however, we will WIN the Presidential Election of 2024, & MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Trump made him do it.

6 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving :turkey:

One and all.

2 Likes

Happy merry Thanksgiving :turkey:, friends, all :purple_heart::heart: :pie: and peace :v::dove: and good health too!

Dolly Parton’s 76 year old ass looking like Pamela Anderson in a Cowboys cheerleader outfit…good lawd y’all.

1 Like