A Serious Question For Progressives About Taking

The poor? No.
Middle Class? Yes.

In, a, let’s say, progressive manner. i

1 Like

There are exceptions to every generality.

Policy violence? Thats some dumb rhetoric.

Yes normally provided by a fire department or job. I got mine as a senior in HS working Ski Patrol at night after school. Paramedic would be a better example you are trying make.

3 Likes

This is what YOU said.

And I said.

You claim we throw around baseless words which has no meaning.

Facts remain…it doesn’t change who and what libs are.

2 Likes

Why do I get that feeling…

Probably should not ask… what?

But we are talking about all taxes. We pay our federal taxes which go into a pot, and our representatives decide how to spend it. We don’t pay taxes, dedicated just to welfare and another set of taxes dedicated just to defense.

Yet I am an “authoritarian lib” simply for pointing out we levy taxes to pay for stuff?

It would be cool if every check stub we get, we see where those taxes are going…both fed and state. (Or at least a quarterly statement)

Nor does it make sense. Pay up, get garnished and still pay up, or go to prison. The government doesn’t require your assent to spend the money.

Well yeah, but the point that I am trying to make is the government doesn’t require my assent to fund Saudi Arabia’s Yemeni genocide, nor does it require their assent for college debt relief.

Again…spoken like a true authoritarian.

BTW…very big government you endorsed.

1 Like

There you go again, trivializing a word by throwing it around heedlessy.

The government simply does not need your consent to spend money. On the federal level, the closest you get to providing your consent is voting for offices every two years.

Once the vote is complete, all you can do is hope that the person you voted for remains true to their word. If they break bad, and decide to fund college debt, are you asked for your consent? Of course not. The best you can do is vote against them.

So your assertion that if you live in a society you should contribute was what?

2 Likes

Ignores the constitution and the fact that spending must be for expressly enumerated powers and that supporting someone else, isn’t one of them.

5 Likes

We paid for our daughter’s college education. Every penny of it.

May I get reimbursed for not committing violence?

2 Likes

Which governed voters said, “Sure, take my money and pay off someone else’s school loans” ?

At best, some voters have said, “Sure, take [that guy’s] money and pay off my school loans.”

5 Likes

Congress has the power to tax and spend. Now I will agree that the “general welfare” clause does some very heavy lifting in this regard, but you have to balance that against the fact that this is how it has been done.

What you need to do nowis convince enough politicians to a accept this view and change accordingly.

And until such a time, your consent just isn’t required.

That EMT would be an EMT whether or not your money paid off his college debt tomorrow. Thus, paying off his college debt benefits HIM, not me or you or Sneaky or anyone else here.

3 Likes

I think your question should be directed to your representatives. They are the governed who govern.