A Scenario for the End of Trump's Presidency?

Hannity forum has become a great boon to spirituality. I can hear progressive liberals praying on their knees in this thread.

**[quote=ā€œH_Arendt, post:1, topic:86679, full:trueā€]
https://www.alternet.org/robert-reich-end-near-trump

Robert Reich reports a conversation with a Republican Congressman who describes how mainstream Republican opposition to tariffs, isolationism and chaos will soon lead to President Trump being the first President to be removed from office by the Senate following impeachment.

Iā€™d be curious if people find this plausible and, if you do, what scenarios should the President use to protect himself.

I know that Trump supporters will want to express their disapproval and Trump opponents will want to express their supportā€¦ but please hold back from stating the obvious.

My questions are: Is this credible and what might happen next?
[/quote]

I think itā€™s too soon to say heā€™ll be impeached. I absolutely believe heā€™ll be one term, though. He wonā€™t get re-elected. I think thereā€™s a good chance he wonā€™t get nominated.

By the time Mueller, SDNY and the New York Attorney General complete their investigations, Don Sr. may not be the Trump in the greatest legal jeopardy. I think heā€™s willing to do almost anything to remain president. Iā€™m not sure that includes allowing his kid to wear bracelets.

1 Like

I look forward to the inevitable reality show about his prison time. Heā€™ll look great in an orange jumpsuit.

It will be like watching lightning in a snowstorm.

As Snow96 said, Trump (or actually a Trump alias) was named by the Prosecutors for the Southern District of New York. However, Snow96 was wrong to assert that this makes Donald Trump a criminalā€¦ wrong on two counts.

First: naming someone in an indictment does not make them guiltyā€¦ the presumption of innocence is a core element of our Constitution that should be extended to every citizen, even politicians.

Second: An indictment, even if it leads to a jury verdict of guilty (or a guilty) plea, does not make one a criminalā€¦ it is oneā€™s actions that make one a criminal.

I feel the same way. His election saved the nation really.

From your perspective, how did Trumpā€™s election save the nation? What mortal danger did it face in 2016?