A Reminder of How Long This Has Been Going On

Don’t listen to Maddow.

Oh, right, the victim thing.

That video was weird

No that’s not it…

CEC personalities just don’t do comedy well.

Don’t know why…they just don’t.

Probably because you can’t do comedy when you’re always stating that “this election is the most important one of our lifetimes” or “If the Democrats win, we will be on a downhill slope with no hope of recovery”.

When you’re that dire all the time…you simply cannot be funny.

1 Like

I think it’s because they like money and a sure thing, those are all very long shots with horrible odds of paying off.

You don’t have to make a living at it to have a decent sense of humor.

I mean I like some christian rock bands like Skillet and Stryper and I’m not a christian. Weird, right?

1 Like

I haven’t seen any evidence that republicans or conservatives don’t have one, I am a big fan of stand up comedy as an example, despite most of it making people like me(straight white conservative male) being the object of derision.

Right, right, I keep forgetting, it’s the whopping victim complexes you guys have that make you unfunny.

Are you seriously going to try and pretend most stand up comedians these days don’t knock white males and conservatives?

Depends on the comic. What’s telling is that you literally can’t even watch comedy without having to bring up what a victim you are. Let alone trying to actively be funny.

2 Likes

I used to listen to his radio show.

One of the segments that stuck out was he talking about a mine collapse in WV, and the last line he said before he went to commercial break was “ Do you know who is truly to blame for this? The Democrats.”

Didn’t return to explain further, just went to a different topic. I’m sure that was a hot topic on the old Hannity message boards, Democrats fault for mine collapse.

Might have something to do with not being able to watch it without it including me being attacked in one way or another. I think the fact that I still find it funny anyway is evidence I actually have a sense of humor.

Dunno, you’re crying an awful lot. This isn’t even what I was talking about but you somehow made this about what a victim you are and how unfair stand up comedy is to you.

Like you think watching television victimizes you. Everything victimizes you.

1 Like

No accountability for positions previous taken, and goldfish listeners who don’t seem to remember from one day to the next.

Nope, not a victim, I don’t think being able to laugh at myself makes me a victim. If I felt victimized, I wouldn’t be watching and laughing.

You don’t get it. Bringing up that you feel comics are denigrating you provides ample evidence of the victim complex. I guess its so ingrained in you lot that either you can’t recognize it or you’re in complete denial.

1 Like

Well, no, crying about how you’re being victimized is the part that makes you a victim. “I enjoy stand up comedy” and “I enjoy stand up comedy even though they’re so super mean to me” are not the same statement.

Seems like just observing reality to me.

But what about Rush’s statements? Did they persuade people?