A really. simple question about the coronavirus nightmare

I m not sure why any of that is a question Yes to but all of the above.

First whatever happens in the next few weeks will be “a slow phase in…”.

1st thing I ll do as soon as Texas allows it is get a hair cut, I look like a 60 year old hippie.

We ve all learned a lot in the last two months, I m afraid this has changed us if not forever at least for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

No eating at restaurants. No going to bars. No social gatherings exceeding 10 people. No discretionary travel, shopping, or social visits.

That’s exactly my point. Folks you don’t give away 26 million people’s livelihoods, and that # might be low because so many people have complained about outdated tech in the states unemployment systems, without a backlash. When and if we start to see real economic activity again there are going to be shuttered storefronts that weren’t there overnight. People who seem to think they can tell Americans “stay at home don’t work til August” or later…People don’t have the resources and even the government can’t print the $ to save people for that long.

1 Like

The insincerity, disingenuousness, and duplicity of some posters here is nauseating.

2 Likes

My new least favorite phrase is “essential business”. If people’s ability to eat, sleep in a home where the rent or mortgage is being paid, wear clothing, where college funds are being funded and all the functions of a prosperous life are being met then to that family, that is a very essential business.

1 Like

We’ve gone from deciding what is essential to making everything classed non essential completely disposable.

I would like nothing more than the old normal to return, but it won’t be happening for a very long time.
The 6ft social distancing may be the hardest to deal with.
We will adapt, though.

Not possible unless you want a depression.

The longer people are locked down the higher the death rate is going to be from a myriad of other causes starting with depression, drug/alcohol abuse, family/domestic violence and it will spiral out from there.

How many people can afford to keep a home without a paycheck for 90-180 days? Buy groceries? Pay their utilities?

1 Like

It strikes me that far more leftists are advocating extending the shutdowns…not to mention Democrats using words like “reimagining “ and restructuring government. Hell that kook AOC doesn’t think anyone should go to work. Maybe she’ll just send us all whatever she determines we can scrape by on and Americans can all live in shared mediocrity…won’t that be a beautiful thing!

1 Like

I’m not saying keeping the current lockdowns for another 3 to 6 months. No one is, and the models aren’t either.
Things will be gradually opening up in the next few weeks. Businesses will re-open. (Boeing went back to work here this week).
But life just isn’t going to be like it was for a long time. I don’t like it either.

Well yes, that’s exactly what many right here have been saying.

How long do you think it will get to zero new infections?

It should have been done from the start. Everyone 55 and under do business as usual over 55 self quarantine Work at home if possible. I think the Swedes when it’s over will come out looking better than the rest of the countries that destroyed their economies over this.

2 Likes

I live in Texas but my roots are in Oregon. A beautiful wonderful state governed by a fricking far left Kook named Kate Brown. Her neighbor to the north is a green new deal crazy named Jay Inslee…

It’s heartbreaking to talk to my friends back home living outside of Portland and Seattle and to heat how destructive those to idiots have been…and would like to be…

I disagree. People are not calling for total shutdowns for another 3 to 6 months. That’s not possible.

As to when zero infections? Probably never in my lifetime.

Then you haven’t been paying attention.

We have people right here ranting and raving that we can’t end the lock downs until we have a vaccine and/or zero new infections.

1 Like

Well I live outside Seattle.
I’m not a fan of Inslee and didn’t vote for him.
He’s actually doing a pretty reasonable job with the pandemic.
His shutdowns have been right in line with most of the rest of the country.

Hey the darling if the left…Andrew Cuomo…says we can all just go get a job at what he as Governor deems to be an “essential business”. The simple fact that he thinks he has that much authority should scare everyone…

By the way why are so many people so head over heels about that clown. Half the cases and half the dead people in all 50 states come from his one state? Maybe he should be the one getting the daily media grilling about his conduct in office.

1 Like

Biggest political face plant of the year.

Crap. Another major meat plant is shutting down.
The food industry is every bit (maybe even more) important as the health industry.
Who the hell is managing any plans to keep these critical people safe?

All the healthcare in the world won’t help the starving.