A quick mask question

It’s TX. The plan is “don’t get sick”.

I have been watching this incredibly intelligent and learned MD give medical lectures. He’s amazing.

No mask mandate? Good for you!

We are still a long way from wide distribution of a vaccine. Heck…we still have to get passed all these crazy freaking people gathering for Thanksgiving. Our state has metrics and depending what the data is the plans follow accordingly.

What is the deal with masks. Why didn’t anybody ever chafe this hard over “no shirt, no shoes, no service”. Super weird how simple common sense public health became part of Republicans culture war.

3 Likes

I know people who have gotten Covid and they still wear a mask.

@altair, my best guess is that you will need to wear a mask for probably two weeks to a month after second shot to ensure immune response took place.

It’s really weird how it became identity politics to not wear a mask.

1 Like

I understand. Maybe they will get ahead of this and actually fill us in on how this is supposed to go down. But I’m not confident. I’m betting they will say nothing then try to put out the fire they created later. We’ll see. I’m betting as of this moment, they have no plan at all.

My state has started enforcing it. If a business doesn’t enforce the state wide mask mandate they get 1 warning and second offense is closure for a day.

They are immune according to the latest research. So it’s pointless. They wear a mask for three reasons. They don’t want to be harassed. They are conditioned to or they are mandated to.

1 Like

Once I get get vaccinated I will stop wearing a mask.

@tnt right away. It’s a two step process right? After second shot or first?

Currently it’s a sign of respect becuae we are all dealing with a ■■■■■■ hand and a lot of unknowns.

1 Like

Hopefully millions will follow suit. But private businesses and employers still have the ultimate say on what they will allow.

Second. And you know, I’ll hedge a little and say until a good percent of my fellow americans are vaccinated I’ll stul mask up so there is no confusion. We are fighting this together.

That’s my feeling. Do you have to wait a couple of weeks after second shot to have full protection?

It got bad in NYC.

Wearing a mask isn’t a political statement.

Why are you so upset about wearing a mask? Do you have perfect teeth or something?

Whatever they tell me. My pint is I’m masking until I’m vaccinated.