A quick mask question

No Peter it’s not. We will have that many by summer 2021. If not sooner.

Probably. The AZ vaccine looks really good for treating the elderly.

Very limited side effects. Moderna says on first injection the only side effect was pain at injection site. Its on the second one where the discomfort sets in for a day or so.

There won’t be that many Americans vaccinated by then.

1 Like

Sure there will. I got the Indiana initial lay out for vaccination plans Tuesday.

The plan calls for 10,000 health care workers in every county to get first injection. In first 10 days.

I’m still really skeptical about the vaccine. They say they are 90%+ effective, but do we really know how long it lasts? What if it requires more shots every 4 months? The logistics of that would be horrendous. We will have to wait and see.

1 Like

It’s just a theory, but you could be right. If this is so, the states should not be sitting on this info. Let people know how they intend to handle this. To wait until people revolt is just plain stupid. Maybe after the first approval they will actually give us a clue? Maybe they just haven’t been smart enough to even think about it?

I would also love to have a singular National guidance on this issue that is reactive to the beat information that we have at the time.

1 Like

That’s fine. But if the feds approve it based on the clinical data, the states will still need to justify why they demand that vaccinated people continue to mask. Millions may not get vaccinated if they are still required to mask anyway.

You might be a little too close to it. This is a country where half of the population rejects science and reality and runs on conspiracy theories. I don’t care how many vaccinations are in the shelf. There won’t be 200 million vaccinations in this country maybe ever.

But this is about mask wearing, which apparently is a huge imposition. Some will, some won’t. Kind of like now.

1 Like

Guys…you have to study and know how the immune system works. Long and short 2 to 3 years. Memory B cells will retrigger immune response.

Studies show that ER doctors and nurses who have been infected and recovered show a consistently high number of antibodies 6 months after infection. Meaning…their memory cells boost immune response each time the are contacted by the virus, and shut the virus down before they can become contagious to anyone.

This shows that the virus can be shut down long term.

There will be enough to get anyone vaccinated who wants one. When you see those vials coming down the line on TV, consider that every one contains 10 doses. In two or three days over 300,000 doses can be made.

1 Like

It’s going to be a mess either way. I will keep wearing mine when I have to go out in public until I feel it’s safe. I’m a lucky one though. Because of covid, my employer has gone virtual permanently. The only place I really have to go is the grocery store.

1 Like

Having an effective vaccine come out this fast was an enormous undertaking.

Kudos to the men and women who made it possible

It will be a smaller mess if the states filled us in on there post vaccine plan. Silence is a terrible idea. We don’t need anymore surprises. If they want cooperation it would be helpful if they actually showed a little cooperative themselves.

It really was. There were people working almost 100 hours per week on this. I don’t count myself among them.

2 Likes

I’m in Ohio and Dewine has done a very good job of keeping people informed. He has bi-weekly press briefings and is very direct with plans.

We will see how many “want one”. Right now it’s around half.

What’s his plan for post vaccine? Will his mask mandate include people who have been vaccinated?

And the people who “want one” will be highly pissed if they are forced to wear a mask for no reason after they get a shot. What’s the plan in your state?