A question to all you democratic deficit hawks

You were dead silent when Obama doubled the national debt. After Trump was elected you channeled your inner fiscal conservative and were suddenly appalled by the debt. Your outrage was a thing to behold. Now that Coal Miner Joe is in office and the national debt clock continues to spin out of control, and you know it will. Will you show your displeasure? Tell him enough is enough? Or will you once again become monks with a vow of debt silence?

How’s this gonna go libs.

(I would advise you not to question my position on this because it has always been consistent. I occupy the high ground. If you ask, I will tell you.) :blush:

You really burned them “fiscal democrats”.

1 Like

Really? I wasn’t trying to. Just making an observation. Pointing out the massive hypocrisy to come.

Back to the topic. Are you ready to lay the deficit smack down on Joe?

Why would I? I have no expectation for the Biden administration to spend down the deficit.

If you’re trying to point out that It was out of character for Democrats to point out Trump’s spending, then fine. You got us.

But by far, the hypocrites here are the republicans who said NOTHING about the debt during Trump’s 4 years.

I think that will change really quickly once Biden is in office.

Oh look. It’s already started.

“I think that’s kind of getting back to our DNA. … I think spending, entitlement reform, growth and the economy are all things that we’re going to have to be focused on next year, and, yeah, I would expect you’ll hear a lot more about that,” said Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 2 Senate Republican.

1 Like

Libs were appalled by the debt Trump built? Show us a lib that was appalled by the debt that Trump built?

You are confusing calling out con hypocrisy with libs being appalled. I understand

The first indication you don’t have the high ground is claiming you have the high ground. I’m sure you railed against the Trump tax cuts that added 3.1 trillion to the deficit. Sorry, just not buying it.

You are aware that “democratic deficit hawks” is an oxymoron right?

As is “conservative deficit hawks” during gop presidency.

Could you please… What’s your position…

When Obama took office we were in pretty dire shape. Obama increased spending to jump-start the economy. And it worked pretty well. Obama also provided the middle class tax cuts in 2009 and 2010.
Now Trump gave tax cuts and it did benefit some folks in the middle class. And a whole bunch of rich people and corporations. However these were not perminate for the individual taxpayer. So it will be something that will fall on Biden to fix. And at this time we really do not know where we are going to be with the virus. My guess is that a lot more money is going to be spent to keep folks and businesses solvent in 2021 and maybe 2022.

3 Likes

Deficits went down under Obama.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-budget-deficit-falls-8-low-2015-194021330.html?ref=gs&guce_referrer=aHR0cDovL21vcm1vbmRpc2N1c3Npb25zLmNvbS9waHBCQjMvdmlld3RvcGljLnBocD9mPTUmdD00NDYwMiZzdGFydD00Mg&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFnsqmeiFy_BR5RXKAM-Y7v2_SBnpov2qHRIS2Tbhkjdj4_c3NrU0OT-2CN8aHnbZs5ijolpgkSVBjmIrMuzWNBDZ3GyfGOxCyWX6IJocPFW2Tri70KyUHejsySmG6vqUuD5s_LixLIbsgBsxf447CGP1SFoqXqqd5RGwpTW2GQZ&guccounter=2

And what good did it do? Not a bit of good. They totally squandered an opportunity to pay down the debt. They blew it and doubled the national debt.

Honestly, I don’t get how anybody with a brain can claim their party has done great work with the national debt. It’s absurd and dishonest.

Are you okay with Obama doubling the national debt?

Okay.

My position is that both parties totally suck regarding the national debt. And they have for over 50 years. And by suck, I mean, suck, suck, suck. I have not seen even the slightest attempt to control it for my entire life time. Since they both suck, I find it a waste of time to argue degrees of suckiness. People only bitch about the debt when the other party is running it up. They go silent when it’s their own party.

:face_vomiting:

Didn’t the parties come together in the late '90s and ran surpluses?

So? Who cares? What good did it do? Tell me what they accomplished other than continuing to run up the national debt? You are right. They had a chance to do something positive. And they blew it. They squandered their surplus opportunity like they never even had one. Gone.

I don’t remember Bill Clinton much but from what I have read his one big mistake was NAFTA. Most everything else he seemed ok on at least from what I have read. He did face opposition on spending in the house though someone might remember those days way better than me.

Not all people.

Not when referring to this topic. The national debt clock did not slow down under Clinton. It sped up. As is does for every administration. But generally things were not so bad under Clinton.

Okay :+1: