A question to all you democratic deficit hawks

Obama almost doubled the debt. Bush more than doubled the debt. Reagan almost tripled the debt. Therefore, since you are consistent, Bush is worse than Obama and you must really despise Reagan. Is that about right? Let’s check your consistency before moving on.

Correct! I am consistent. They all suck. I don’t argue about levels of suck if they all suck. I have seen none of them do a single thing to bring down the national debt. If you are happy with any of them, your standards are incredibly low. There. Do I pass your dumb assed test? Ready to move on from judging my purity?

1 Like

I don’t blame Obama for the added debt during the recovery from the worst recession since the depression.

After a few years, he started cutting the the deficit, with help from the GOP. They both did a good job on that.

Trump took over during a recovery and added signifigantly to the debt. I blame him and the GOP controlled congress for that.

The debt added this year due to the pandemic is certainly not Trumps fault.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand how this works.

As long as there is a deficit, there will be more debt the next year. Deficits going down is good, but it’s still a deficit You still can pay down the debt until there is a surplus, not a deficit,

I don’t think you understand how a tube of toothpaste works. Or manners. You don’t have a grasp on that either. They have fallen way short for me. I’m not asking if you are okay with these clowns. I’m not. This should not trigger you as it does.

1 Like

As long as there is a deficit, you can’t pay down the debt.

That doesn’t mean lowering the deficit isn’t a good step toward lower the debt.

Thanks Captain obvious.

And when there is no deficit, they don’t do a damned thing to pay down the debt either. And it grows, deficit or no deficit. Squandered. So who cares? Are you catching on yet?

You’re trying too hard. You have zero chance of convincing me that any of our politicians have done a great job with this.

We haven’t had a zero deficit since clinton.

When you called Obama’s reduction of the deficit a squandered chance to lower the debt, it made me believe you don’t understand these concepts. Obama couldn’t lower the debt.

Ok. Are there any steps that could be done on the way to reducing debt?

Gingrich reined in would be Clinton spending a lot.

I will say Clinton was smart enough to work with Gingrich and the GOP on somethings.

Obama treated the other party as the enemy from day 1.

Biden will be no different.

1 Like

Yes. I would ask every member of congress rather than submit your sending increases, submit your spending cuts. I am not convinced that every federal agency needs it’s own private Army. I don’t think the EPA needs any combat equipped troops. Get rid of them. We have no business funding NPR, the national endowment for arts or flooding the world with cash like this latest bill just did.

2 Likes

How will any of that reduce the debt? You haven’t listed anything that sends money to the debt.

:+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The first thing you have to do is get rid of unnecessary spending. If we reduce spending by 30 percent we would be borrowing less. Right? Would that not slow the debt clock? Cutting spending is the obvious place to start.

What would be your idea?

How does cutting spending help vs the debt? The debt is still rising.

I already answered this. You will not get a better answer than the one I have already given. Now it’s my turn.

What would be your idea?

1. Obama cut the deficts. Debt will grow until deficts is below zero. Obama, like clinton, cut the deficit. Bush and Trump raised it.

In 2000 election when the deficit was negative there was a debate about what to do with the money.
The Al Gore suggested half goes to debt reduction and the other half goes to social security lock box.

Bush suggested tax refunds.

Showing that 1) Republicans don’t care about debt, never have, all they want is tax breaks.

1. that the American public doesnt care
1 Like

You said you would cut spending. But the debt continues to rise. How do your cuts help?

I already answered this. I have nothing to add. It’s very rude for you to ignore the only question you have been asked.

What would be your idea?

I couldn’t care less. No President in my lifetime has done a thing to address the national debt. They all suck.

1 Like