A Question for Senator Britt

In his rally speech in Alabama this weekend, former President Trump opened by mocking President Biden’s stutter to laughs and cheers from the audience.

As a Mom, do you think making fun of handicaps others struggle to overcome presents a good role model for your children?

1 Like

Trump didn’t make fun of people that stutter, he made fun of Biden, who has been disastrous for our country with his open border, America last agenda.

3 Likes

So you are saying making fun of someone who stutters as long as you can come up with another reason to dislike them. Is that what Senator Britt should teach her children?

1 Like

Awww, poor Biden got made fun of.

How you can extrapolate a daft, brain dead President who walks like he has a full diaper to mother’s being role model for their children on people who are handicaped is beyond me.

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

My point.

4 Likes

Another version of mean tweets? Elections are about policy, with the policies of the candidate the important factor. She would be wise to teach her children the difference between personal conduct and government policy positions. Then her children would know that the outwardly prime and proper can advocate for terrible and ineffective public policies, while the rude and obnoxious can champion prudent and effective public policies.

7 Likes

2 Likes

That wannabe Poe that pretends to be a Conservative could really take some queues from this post. Well done. :thinking:

3 Likes

Nikki Haley has the policy you want and isn’t a terrible person, but you rejected her.

2 Likes

We don’t actually want endless war. That’s like saying a Conservative has to be a Christian. I don’t. :wink:

3 Likes

Does Haley want endless war? I don’t think she does.

1 Like

It’s not about policy for them.

2 Likes

Is she on record of being against… any of them? :thinking:

The answer to your question is intrinsic in my question. I have not insulted eithe party; I’ve asked whether people who are about their children – as Senator Britt no doubt does – think that mocking someone for their handicap is a good example for their children?

1 Like

So you are saying elections are about policy and not about character?

Besides, Senator Britt’s children are not voters; they are school students and my question was whether Donald Trump was providing a good example of how they should behave.

She supports funding Ukraine, and like Trump, she supports funding Israel. I’m sure many conservatives disagree, particularly with Ukraine, but I don’t think that means she supports endless wars. She has been painted as a classic neocon in the mold of Donald Rumsfeld, but I don’t see it.

1 Like

Sooooo, you don’t have any examples of her ever being against any war/military intervention?

Weird, right? :wink:

If that’w a valid point, why have there been scores of tweets here complaining about Biden’s SOTU speech being angry and loud? Neither tone nor volume have anything to do with policy but they seem very important to a lot of posters here.

1 Like

So you would tell your children that rude and obnoxious is acceptable behavior as long as they hold the “correct” policy positions.

I just hope I don’t end up sitting across the aisle from your family on an airplane!

1 Like

Well, no, but I don’t have any examples of Trump being against any war either. But I don’t think that means he supports endless wars.