A Question About Racism in the US

so there wasn’t any racism against obama? :roll_eyes:

if there is racism involved, it’s not called playing a race card. it’s call stand up for your rights as a man

You can roll your eyes at someone else lib.

Have a nice life.

1 Like

Got it, thanks.

More incidents get reported however.

Back in the day, many racist got away with crap.

These days very few.

Allan

Same reason it always gets heated up right around election time.

It’s been going on for a while.

The inconvenient truth.

1 Like

Not as such. Criticism of policy and actions are not racism regardless of the race of the individual being criticized. That’s not to say that there were not some people who criticized him or even hated him because of their racial prejudices, but none of that negatively affected his Presidency or his life in any way.

By the way, racial prejudice is a common human trait among all races. It’s just one of many prejudices that groups of people use to form and support their own identities and justify their actions.

And for the cherry on top, recent polling has black people saying, black people are the most racist group in the country.

1 Like

Systemic racism is far worse now that it was 10 to 15 years ago in my opinion. A big change is most of the racism is coming from the left and is directed against whites and also Asians. Coke’s campaign to “be less white” is one example discussed in other thread. The imposition of racial quotas and higher admission standards for Asians is another example.

Another recent example involves anti-Asian violence in the Bay area and New York City. The knee-jerk response has been to blame “white nationalists” for the attacks even though video evidence indicates that the attackers all had dark complexions and appear to be African-American.

Woke and racist are merging, and woke has become official policy for government and private institutions.

This kind of where I’m at.

I can cite my own personal experience on LIB forums. Prior to Obama, I was seen as a Bush supporter on the LIB forums I frequented. I was excoriated for my conservative views on a daily basis.

Following Obama’s election, my disagreements with his policies were seen as racist. I was now excoriated on a daily basis for my racist views, daring to cross the first black president.

And I got death threats from black people on twitter for making fun of Obama’s truth watch thing. Which had nothing to do with Obama’s race.

1 Like

So basically, little racism is ok. deal with it. Right?

That’s not what I said. I said racism is inherent to human culture. In other words, it is endemic to our species along with other prejudices and biases than individual groups of humans have. The trick is to do as much as possible to keep it out of governance policy. But you will never eliminate it from the individual. At best you can encourage people to agree to overtly disregard it.

1 Like

Lib forum that you frequent? LOL libs here were doing just that right here.

Believe it or not I was darling of libs here at one time with my criticism of Bush and patriot act. But the moment Obama got elected and I dare to hold Obama to same standards as I hold Bush…I was immediately called or implied that I was a racist here.

When in fact what I see were libs being racist because they didn’t dare hold a Black man to same standards as they hold a White man.

4 Likes

That’s not what he said…say is your slip showing?

Tipping point. Finally there are more who are sick and fed up with racism than there are those who will either ignore it or actively engage in it.

What racism?

Mostly individuals.