A Question about Guns

I can’t win a confrontation in the street with a law enforcement officer. He’ll lie and the judge will believe him.

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t say that. I would definitely keep an eye on him. Probably even recheck my own arms. Tell kids to stay away from that side of the camp. I might even make contact to get a feel. The gun is a good ice breaker for me to check out his camp.

But I wouldn’t leave just for that I don’t think.

1 Like

Define confront.

1 Like

If you survive the confrontation.

1 Like

Kay well thanks for being honest. I think that initially is what my family and her friends tried to do. They made contact with him, tried to tell him some of the kids weren’t digging the big gun, and especially not the flagging- but tried to be neighborly about it. But he got all “Gun Rights!” back at them and with the booze they just said - nah we’re out.

I have before. I’m trained.

1 Like

Lucky you.

1 Like

Probably the best choice unfortunately. Do you consider this a case of the police not being able to protect them?

Honestly I see the alcohol as a much bigger problem than the gun.

2 Likes

Not luck, just hard work.

1 Like

I have a strong feeling that if he wasn’t drinking he probably would have been way more polite. And sure- if the AR was tucked away I wouldn’t have had a problem. It was just obvious he was trying to wave around his dick and show off. Booze plus high powered weaponry=bad.

I’m not physically capable. Cops are the dirtiest fighters in America. Even a dead cop’s word is worshiped in court.

1 Like

Two different problems. One of them hers, the other his.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by dirty fighters. If you mean they’ll use the courts then yes.

They sort of have to.

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna disagree on the necessity of waving around a big AR in a campground full of kids being respectful- booze or no booze. Like whats the damn point? And I would say that about any firearm. Even with open carry, a smaller gun is usually in a holster- even if its visible.

That’s where we may differ a point. Alcohol makes people stupid. He could have caused harm with out the gun.

A guy with a gun doesn’t bother me.

Kay we’ll have to disagree there. And I gave you that example of a dude wearing a turban reciting the koran with an AR. No booze there and it did make you think twice and take some actions. So I don’t know if thats exactly true what you are saying…

Never mind, I thought you were saying you physically fought a uniformed officer once.

1 Like

Physical/armed, I have no doubt words would fly. :sunglasses:

LOL. I understand, I just don’t agree. Why do you keep mentioning kids? Are you under the impression that I must do something to prevent kids from ever seeing a gun? If you are, your’e mistaken.

Unless I do something with it that poses a threat, it’s none of your business.

1 Like

Not really. I would definitely ask the reason. Maybe even try to explain the law.

But if he insisted, he could hold on to it temporarily. He’d better be right though. Because I’m not the type to let it go.

1 Like