A few interesting 2A cases in recent days

Good policy.

Are you armed?

Let’s exclude the inner city killing fields from the discussion. They heavily skew the numbers.

Most of country has relatively little gun crime. It’s urban decayed inner cities that skyrocket the numbers.

2 Likes

I don’t know.

I’ve never really had proper training but when I’ve gone to the range I was able to hit the target ok. I’m obviously not any kind of a marksman but at times it really is just as easy as point and pull the trigger.

No. Beatings, stabings, stranglings … and on and on and on.

Because it’s considerably more difficult to kill with a knife than a gun. At least if talking about the second case with road rage, if the lady emerged out of her house with a knife, the guy might have not felt that his life was in immediate danger and shot her. So it’s likely she’d still be alive.

Of course it’s very much possible that she still would have died especially if she charged him with a knife but I like these odds better.

The shooting in texas of Chad Read is on video.

He got shot with a rifle twice at close range. Quite traumatic to watch.

If everyone who carries a gun were a problem, we would have blood flowing in the streets 24/7/365. Fewer than 1% of firearms are ever used in a crime.

No … because it’s far easier for a person to defend themselves from a bigger, stronger, angrier person with a gun than it is a knife.

The man would have still been justified in shooting her if she was coming at him with a knife.

What odds are you referring to when you say “like better”?

She was the aggressor. The guy was defending himself.

I like the odds of an outcome with no fatalities in this situation better had no guns been involved is what I am saying.

Stop including suicides and lawful shootings - pretty well.

1 Like

No it isn’t.

Yeah, you posted it in the OP. Why does it traumatize you?

What does “deadly weapon” mean?

You were not under any pressure, no fear of death and or under a time restraint. Breathing was normal and adrenaline level was normal.

2 Likes

Ok…and?

And you don’t get the violate my rights because of your ant bed.

2 Likes

How do those numbers compare to gun shots?

It’s not possible that she still would’ve died had she charged him with a knife ?

A weapon which can be used to injure fatally.

True. Probably I would have done worse if I was dealing with a life-threatening situation. Impossible to know until it actually happens but it does happen to many all the time with tragic consequences.

No it isn’t this.

Just guns? How about a screwdriver or a shovel? A car?