A few interesting 2A cases in recent days

I have been reading these 2 cases. Both are tragic. Cooler heads would have prevented needless deaths.

Case 1: death of chad read in Texas. He went to pick up his son and got into argument with the new boyfriend.

Case 2: pregnant woman in Florida shot dead after road rage. She pull out a gun and the other person shot her.

Are both cases justified?

Haven’t checked the first but second, yes, justified self defense. If you escape a pursuer into your home, you can’t come back out with a gun and point it at them, you have to wait politely for them to come to you.

They shooter has to live with the fact that he kill a pregnant woman. Tragedies for everyone involved.

Let the cops handle it unless you are under imminent threat.

Pretty insane. It’s what happens when everyone goes around packing everywhere due to conditioned fear.

1 Like

Looks to me like it was a good thing the motorcyclist was packing.

Hmmmm…

In that regard, yes. But she was packing too and it killed her.

I’m guessing if this happened someplace like Denmark, nobody would’ve died.

Exactly…Now its starting to seem like pulling a gun is the first resort.

I don’t believe it’s a lack of access to guns, I think it’s because they are less violent. Guns are far from the only way to kill people. What are their knife, fist and bludgeon numbers in comparison to us? Bet much lower.

But they are unquestionably the easiest way to kill people.

1 Like

Overall yes, they may be less violent.

However, cases like these almost seem like a crime of opportunity i.e. someone loses their temper and because they have easy access to a deadly weapon, someone then tragically loses their life.

2 Likes

She was not “packing.” She retreated from the confrontation into the safety of her house, retrieved a gun, and emerged to reengage in the confrontation. And there is nothing in the story to indicate either way that she was aware that the man she came out to confront (again) was armed. Those facts, plus the fact that she was the original aggressor in the incident that created the confrontation, it was clearly a justified shooting.

1 Like

It’s starting to seem that way because the media doesn’t give the same level if attention to non-firearm incidents, even when they result in deaths.

1 Like

And the easiest way to prevent being killed, as in the case of the motorcyclist.

When I say “packing” I mean she had a gun.

Then you said it wrong.

In neither case were they “packing”. In both cases, somebody went into a residence and came back out armed.

It would appear from limited media accounts in both cases, the aggressor ended up deceased.

In the Florida case, if she did what was claimed, she assaulted the other with a deadly weapon.

Sorry

No she wasn’t.