A fair trial requires?

Cross examination of the witnesses. So before we call more witnesses it may be appropriate to cross examine the 17 witnesses called by Schiff. That would be due process and constitutional. I am waiting for the defenders of the constitution to point this out.

2 Likes

The 17 witnesses were cross examined by the GOP members of the committee when they were deposed. GOP members were given equal time to ask their questions.

But hey, if you want the Senate to refer it committee and depose those 17 people again and then possibilty have them testify before the Senate - I’m down for that.

(Won’t happen though as the McConnell white wash will be successful and the trial will likely end today.)
.WW, PHS

3 Likes

How can people still not know this already happened? It’s kind of disturbing.

8 Likes

Groundhog day?
.WW, PHS

1 Like

This would be like a trial where the prosocuter makes his opening statement, defense makes a statement. A little testimony (the asking of questions of them by the senate members), then the defense making a motion for a directed virdict that no case was made and nothing else needs to be presented and the judge accepting the motion.

Okay, lets do it.

Didn’t you watch the House of Reps impeachment inquiry/hearing? I know the Republicans had duds like Messrs Nunes, Gaetz and Jordan cross-examining and examining witnesses. However, that isn’t a valid reason to assert that there was no opportunity to cross-examine witnesses.

Even an Aussie, me, knows they were cross-examined because I watched live the House of Reps impeachment inquiry/hearing.

Because propaganda works.

2 Likes

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

1 Like

They were never put on a stand for cross examination.

Who wasn’t cross-examined?

It’s not a court trial, why would they be put on a stand?

I swear its incredible how little so many people know about how our government processes work.

3 Likes

Libs are all over the place with this one.

Maybe because that is done during the trial phase and not the investigative phase. :man_facepalming:

We’re not the ones in this thread confused about the process

The damn Constitution

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor; and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Then you say the impeachment is not criminal so due process does not apply I assume you will argue.

Then why didn’t they allow Trump attorney to cross examine those 17 witness that they do have?

They were given the opportunity to do just that in the Judiciary Committee, and to call their own witnesses as well. They completely refused to cooperate in the process entirely, which is why the only hearing in the Judiciary was with the Constitutional scholars.

1 Like

Ask them. They declined participation. Who told you they “didn’t allow” cross examinations? That’s blatantly false.

2 Likes