A discussion about whiteness

Not wallowing in it

Just recognizing that you can’t start the process of ending State sponsored systemic racism less than a lifetime ago and say now that we are all good.

The term “Western civilization” is meaningless

It basically means all the British parts of our cultural heritage and willfully ignoring the centuries of terrible ideas that led to untold bloodshed and the Spice Girls.

2 Likes

The thing is that list of “whiteness” isn’t special to “Western Culture”.

Sure. Maybe the bad food part is… but the thing about patriarchy and hard work ethic isn’t special.

Whiteness as defined by the bullet points on the attachment is indeed anglo - english speaking western civilization. England, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc… And who in the hell would think the scientific method as a negative?

I would like to see a better system of law presented than the English Common Law, unless they are referring to the law of the woke counter culture. What many good people on the democratic side either don’t know or I think know but think they can contain is the fringe part of the party is not the fringe no more and are growing fast.

We have seen what happens throughout history when a country goes too far to the right or left and any moderate regardless of sides should resist it. Marx sounds good when you read it, when practiced it’s absolutely devastating.

You forgot about constitutional government and the Beatles.

And the guy who brought the two together like chocolate and peanut butter in the 19th century? Cecil Rhodes.

1 Like

I find it extremely amusing that all these “Western chauvinists,” the first thing you find out is that they love Cecil Rhodes-who created apartheid in South Africa btw-but conveniently ignore that fact that when Cecil Rhodes talked about white people he only meant Anglo-Saxons. He didn’t believe that the Irish or Germans were properly white, let alone Italians or Greeks.

His overriding goal in life was also to return the United Stares to the British Empire as a dominion. El oh el.

Mr. Johnson will most likely get the promotion ahead of Mr. Whateverski.

Sounds like a Soros funded discussion, he’s into destroying counties by the way.

Do minorities in non-white majority countries have movements such as this? I couldn’t imagine moving to Japan or Kenya and starting a movement denigrating Asian or African culture.

Destroying countries? Yes he is into it. I don’t get what drives him other than to ruin them for everybody else.

1 Like

Sick hobby!

The man’s running out of countries.

Lol no, Japan would kick their ass out of their country. It’s exclusively a western liberal thing or as the Chinese call them “Baizuo”. Every place else that tries it looks like Iraq, and the former Yugoslavia. Here we all just stay segregated and call it a success.

1 Like

meangirlswhite

1 Like

No system of political philosophy eliminates free will. But free will for what? No major transition in human cultural evolution has ever been the conscious decisions of the people who participated in those transitions. Anthropology 101.

Until now.

Why just look at the negatives? It also brought about prosperity for millions. It’s OK to pat one’s self on the back occasionally :wink:

I don’t just look at the negatives.

I do see that people who are concerned that “Western Culture” is being attacked don’t have a clear definition of what that phrase means.

That is why I ask for people to define it.

Once it is actually defined then we can start to apply modern day concepts along with history.

“Whiteness” as defined in the example provided in the OP, is the recipe for the greatest country in the world. Over time, this methodology has become open to all. What ever color you are…doesn’t matter anymore. It’s now, all up to you…and what’s provided…is the proven recipe for success…period.